Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
I need a New Kitchen! - Updated 5/14  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
blewis823

Wow, impressive kitchens. Great designs fellow simmers.

I have redecorated my sim's kitchen after a nice windfall of simoleons.

marsymeows

Wow this thread is so inspiring! It makes me want to go redo a kitchen NOW! hehe not quite sure how to post pics of it when I'm done but I will look it up. Thanks Sims 3 on facebook for posting a link to this thread.. fun to look at all the pictures of great kitchens!
marsymeows

Sadistwitch wrote:I have to ask a question. I see that some of you have done something that I have tried to do....keyword TRIED LOL. What is the trick to making the larger counter islands? How is that you place 2 counters back to back to form a wider counter flawlessly? I always get a gap between the counters and gave up trying.

Thank you for any help!!

You have to use the cheat menu (control + shift + c) and then type in "moveobjects on" then grab one of the counters that you want to put next to another with the mouse, and hold down the alt key. Well I haven't tried this yet with counters.. but I was able to make a flawless huge coffee table out of 4 1 square ones with this method. Hope that helps.
Valpre1983

Here's one from my story, Krisis. I used the Bayside and Fabulous Fiesta sets, clutter from the store and a few cc items.

hmsdrco2001

Here are a few of mine:

Villa San Martino

Vancouver Cliffside

Logan Cabin and Caverns

Greek Isle Escape and Temples

Brooklyn Waterfront

Whispering Sands

Belle of the Bayou

Saint Lucia Seaside

JoubertCG

EdgeWithYou

gotcandace

Mine is pretty simple. I'd like to try some of the ideas in this thread!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/12 03:06 AM

Washiroth

Here is my kitchen that I have at the moment. (It's a work in process)

FaithofKaela

Here's a couple of shots from my latest kitchen, it's a modern asian blend

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/12 07:22 AM

pandora4co

Here's four kitchen's I've done in various styles. All were made using no or almost no CC. "Moveobjects on" and "disablesnappingtoslotsonalt" were used.

This kitchen was created using "moveobjects on" Yes the sims will cook on the stove and they will sit at the island counters even though the bar chairs are cutting through the platform.

vampyrelucia

You guys have some really great kitchen. There are some thing in a lot of them I was like I never thought of that.
darkgoddess

lucy_maria

This is my kitchen for my current legacy, The Smith Legacy: (http://thesims3thesmithlegacy.blogspot.co.uk/)

It's all EA or store content, but I haven't really focused on using any particular set.

I wish I could get the cooker to diagonally snap to the counters and, looking at some of these other kitchens, I need to accessories a bit more.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/04/12 07:22 AM

CoreyCanadian

Location: Corey The Walking Musical! If I'm not here I'm probably fluffing my tail :D

I was going to post some of my kitchens but none of these hold a candle to the other kitchens that shine here, I thought I was pretty good but it seems like I still have ALOT to learn, big surprise, o well expect me to steal some of your designs

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: