Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Ask Me Anything....  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
MrHawk

murfeel wrote:
crinrict wrote: Are you guys aware that after a certain amount, the launcher stops displaying stuff ? There are only so many items that show in installed content and uninstalling items is very difficult this way. Owning the whole Store is already to many items. The launcher is a pain really. It would be nice if we had more filters and even a sorting function would be great.

Omg, thank you SO MUCH for backing up what I said about the godawful Launcher! See, EA? If a simming maven like Crinrict says something's bad, then it's frikkin bad!

LittleKittenCat wrote:
MrHawk wrote:Since they were essentially free, I don't see the issue with them being made available after a set amount of time. People like free stuff.

I have an issue with this. The only reason I pre-order anything is because of the pre-order incentive, if I don't like that, I buy the game/expansion/stuff pack at a later date when its much cheaper. So essentially, the pre-order incentives are not free. Like say if you pre-order expansion for £29.99 which then becomes £24.99 6 months later, that pretty much means you paid £5 extra just to get the pre-order incentive o.o If you give those away for free at a later date, then there's no reason to pay more and pre-order. The game itself and the store has enough to keep anyone occupied while they're waiting for a cheaper price.

Well, I still think pre-order sets should be made freely available for older EPs/SPs that are like 2-3 frikkin years old already--older ones like WA, AMB, LN, GEN....once the EPs've been on the shelves for awhile, especially once the pre-ordering window is good and dead, EA should release the items as an extra free Rewards set available for anyone who bought the game and registered it at the site. So I agree with MrHawk, whether they're technically 'free' or not. Like, making them available at the in-game store like the DrPepper stuff we got for free recently.

Agreed.

Many of the pre-order items are only available for certain markets ie Europe and the States. Sadly, it's normal for the rest of the world to go jump. I preorder the games and guess what I get? Nada.

And for every one person who was able to get the "free" Dr Pepper stuff, there were three of us who had to buy caps and codes from scalpers on Ebay to get it.

So while it might twist some people up because other get access to their "pressies", it's really just the shoe being moved to the other foot.

And anyway, this is normal now. Final Fantasy X-III pre-order content has already been added to the PSN store, and that game only came out about six weeks or so ago. Game companies are realising that the VIP culture they've been targeting preorder content to really isn't as lucrative as they thought it would be and in fact it's actually more isolating than anything.

If it was a paid item then I assume it would be fine?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/12 07:54 AM

CoffeeChick0

Excellent question... add me to the list of people who never received a b-day bundle.... my b-day is coming up too so this will make how many years now that's it been and gone with no bundle????

MrHawk wrote:I have one last question.

Is the birthday bundle completely cancelled?

I know some people outside of the US did receive it. I have just had my third birthday since the game was launched and never received the set.

On the same vein, there are many older items that were only available to some players. Has there been any thought to adding old preorder items like the ones from WA and HEL to the store? Since they were essentially free, I don't see the issue with them being made available after a set amount of time. People like free stuff.

CoffeeChick0

I agree with Mr. Hawk..... those pre-order bonuses are not made available to all markets. That also goes for Collections Editions with little extras tossed in. Of course we can't forget the Dr. Pepper stuff, that was very limited too. Apparently, from reading this post, those Dr. Pepper items were offered for free at some point? Then count me in as a player who didn't see that.

Anyway, I don't think of the little extras included in pre-orders as something paid for... they were free, to entice you to pre-order ASAP. If those same items became available at a later date and time for everyone it's not stealing from your pre-order price. Instead it could be thought of as being given the privileged to play with something months to years prior before being offered to the general market. Of course, the optimal solution would be to make pre-order bonuses, dr. pepper items, collector editions, and the like available to all markets.

MrHawk wrote:
murfeel wrote:
crinrict wrote: Are you guys aware that after a certain amount, the launcher stops displaying stuff ? There are only so many items that show in installed content and uninstalling items is very difficult this way. Owning the whole Store is already to many items. The launcher is a pain really. It would be nice if we had more filters and even a sorting function would be great.

Omg, thank you SO MUCH for backing up what I said about the godawful Launcher! See, EA? If a simming maven like Crinrict says something's bad, then it's frikkin bad!

LittleKittenCat wrote:
MrHawk wrote:Since they were essentially free, I don't see the issue with them being made available after a set amount of time. People like free stuff.

I have an issue with this. The only reason I pre-order anything is because of the pre-order incentive, if I don't like that, I buy the game/expansion/stuff pack at a later date when its much cheaper. So essentially, the pre-order incentives are not free. Like say if you pre-order expansion for £29.99 which then becomes £24.99 6 months later, that pretty much means you paid £5 extra just to get the pre-order incentive o.o If you give those away for free at a later date, then there's no reason to pay more and pre-order. The game itself and the store has enough to keep anyone occupied while they're waiting for a cheaper price.

Well, I still think pre-order sets should be made freely available for older EPs/SPs that are like 2-3 frikkin years old already--older ones like WA, AMB, LN, GEN....once the EPs've been on the shelves for awhile, especially once the pre-ordering window is good and dead, EA should release the items as an extra free Rewards set available for anyone who bought the game and registered it at the site. So I agree with MrHawk, whether they're technically 'free' or not. Like, making them available at the in-game store like the DrPepper stuff we got for free recently.

Agreed.

Many of the pre-order items are only available for certain markets ie Europe and the States. Sadly, it's normal for the rest of the world to go jump. I preorder the games and guess what I get? Nada.

And for every one person who was able to get the "free" Dr Pepper stuff, there were three of us who had to buy caps and codes from scalpers on Ebay to get it.

So while it might twist some people up because other get access to their "pressies", it's really just the shoe being moved to the other foot.

And anyway, this is normal now. Final Fantasy X-III pre-order content has already been added to the PSN store, and that game only came out about six weeks or so ago. Game companies are realising that the VIP culture they've been targeting preorder content to really isn't as lucrative as they thought it would be and in fact it's actually more isolating than anything.

If it was a paid item then I assume it would be fine?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/10/12 08:18 AM

carla70

badromance99 wrote:
Hi @carla70,

Just like me. When did you buy the set? I bought it for half an hour after release. The problem everyone has those. have bought the same set. It was bought later, the chair is also marked individually owned.
That upsets me. For I must now wait until the individual parts are on sale. So I support from the 75 Simpoints get back. And I need to buy chairs again.
So I wonder if the sets are not checked before?

This link is still inofiziell. But the check is ideal.
In Game Set installed:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--udFnkxZZnY/T6NE-lzjRyI/AAAAAAAABhE/G
1IxlNdYY8M/s1600/goth04.jpg

Hi Sorry for so late in response. I havent been feeling great lately. Yes I bought it maybe a half hour to an hour ago since released. I went to my purchased history and downloaded it to my game. Then I installed it on top of the other. It told me it was already installed but still it installed the chair. The whole set was corrected now. I do now have the chair in my game.

Oh forgot to say download from the website. Look at your purchased history from "my page" account.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/12 10:09 AM

maria_loves_alex

I bet he regrets making this thread

MrHawk

maria_loves_alex wrote:I bet he regrets making this thread

It started off so well!

Erja888

When will we get a Store set (clothing and hair) for toddlers, children and elders?

What takes you (and the team of course) so long to fix our broken wishlists?

Will the Store team release content based on Katy Perry (not bonus content)?

What is your favorite Store section (e. g. young adult female clothing, dècor plants, worlds...)?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/12 03:35 PM

Erja888 - Simming from TS (2001) til end of TS3 (2014)
murfeel

CoffeeChick0 wrote:I agree with Mr. Hawk..... those pre-order bonuses are not made available to all markets. That also goes for Collections Editions with little extras tossed in. Of course we can't forget the Dr. Pepper stuff, that was very limited too. Apparently, from reading this post, those Dr. Pepper items were offered for free at some point? Then count me in as a player who didn't see that.

They might still be in the in-game store. You have to make sure Shop Mode it's turned on in Options in order to see the free content included--while they reel you in with a bunch of Featured Items nonsense on the side. Just be very careful--one of the categories crashed my game when I tried to take a peek inside! (Electronics or Etertainment--one of them)
The lips sofa, the blue retro/vintage car, I think there's a few clothes or shoes or something as well...? Plus there was some old simpoint bundles rewards stuff offered as well--a bonsai plant, ceiling fan, a music note clock, a Moroccan end table, a fairy statue (my favorite! ), a dress, some other stuff....

MrHawk wrote: Final Fantasy X-III pre-order content has already been added to the PSN store, and that game only came out about six weeks or so ago.

Whatchutalkinbout, Willis!? FFX-III!?

Ohymygod I'm leaving!!!!

*darts off to google this!*

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/12 05:25 PM

ivinian

Wasn't SGTT going to reply to this AMA yesterday? Is it just linked elsewhere?

My studio -- c'mon by and take a peek! ** CC-free.
tinkknitz

Hi TaterTot, love the blog. My question has two parts. I love building and decorating with complete sets. Some items go to inappropriate categories or are just hard to find.

Q: Is there a plan to have purchased sets automatically downloaded to a collection folder in-game with an appropriate icon already assigned? If not, isn't that a great idea? Please look at our sets and add icons if premade folders are not possible.

Q: Speaking of complete sets . . . Is there a reason some sets download as all single objects? When I buy a complete set, I usually see a picture of the set in my launcher and install it. Sometimes all the items must be checked and installed separately. Would uninstalling each one and trying to reinstall them as a set be worth the trouble ie. make my game better/faster?

No Mods from other sites
No Custom Content from other sites

P.S. So many people are angry with you. On the blog Tuesday 5/8/12 you posted you would answer 10 questions "This Wednesday". Maybe you meant May 16 instead? I believe you were sincere .

TaterTot's original Blog post below

Ask Me Anything
POSTED ON 05/08/12
Hey Everyone,

I started this blog because I wanted to give you guys a backstage pass into what it's like to actually work on the Store team creating amazing content that you guys will love, but i feel like i've still been too formal, so it's time for an Ask Me Anything!

Put your questions in this forum: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/536949.page#84641

And This Wednesday I will choose 10 questions to answer. They can be personal, they can be silly, they can be real questions about what we do here.

BUT! As a disclaimer, I must warn you that I completely reserve the right to not answer a question. There are some things about working here that I just can't talk about, so if you see me avoiding a particular type of question that's probably why. I know it's lame, but Tatertot needs to keep his job. ^^

Bring it on, Simmers!

--Tatertot
MrHawk

murfeel wrote:

Whatchutalkinbout, Willis!? FFX-III!?

Ohymygod I'm leaving!!!!

*darts off to google this!*

Oh man ignore me please I mean FF XIII-2. I need to sleep more or type slower - one or the other.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/12 10:38 PM

Zilvra

Perhaps he meant just that we had until Wednesday to post questions, and that they would be pulled for review on Wednesday. It might take him a while to choose, and to craft an answer. And... I'd bet that he has to run this by a PR person before posting too.

However, some word would be cool, if he's there right now. You never know; maybe he has a family emergency, maybe he's out sick, etc. Breathe easy fellow simmers
Cyron43

Hmmm it's friday but still no answers.
WTH I bet he chooses the least important ones anyway. Prove me I'm wrong.

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
mangoesandlimes

Cyron43 wrote:Hmmm it's friday but still no answers.
WTH I bet he chooses the least important ones anyway. Prove me I'm wrong.

It's still during the work day on Thursday in California, so he's only a day late. And I think Zilvra is probably right - I think Wednesday was the submission deadline, then he has to type out answers and pass them by PR/legal to make sure he's not spilling any secrets or anything. I'm ok with waiting until tomorrow if it means we get nice, long, well-considered answers.

gngrsnp

MrHawk wrote:
maria_loves_alex wrote:I bet he regrets making this thread

It started off so well!

Well he's online right at this moment. Hopefully it's to reply to the 10 promised yesteday. He said he'd repky on Wed. This being Thurs. 4:41 Ca time. Maybe he's just a day late. fingers crossed.
Waving at SimGuruTattertot

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/12 11:46 PM

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: