Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Shattered Light - A Rainbowcy - Generation 7: Chapter 11: More Changes (7/15/14)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
CrazyInLove12

Okay yeah I was gonna just get rid of the original people and replace them with berries. I want there to be berry sims as I go along so I don't have to keep making them..
shogunfish

CrazyInLove12 wrote:Okay yeah I was gonna just get rid of the original people and replace them with berries. I want there to be berry sims as I go along so I don't have to keep making them..

Well you could always move in the same ones over and over and have them cross breed. XD And with good non-EA story progression it might be possible to populate the town and have them repopulate. I gave up on doing all berries before I got Twallan's story progression, so I don't know if that would have been enough. Although I just randomly make sims all the time when I'm bored, instead of playing a family or something I make sims so I haven't plenty of berries to populate my town with.

Brigid

shogunfish wrote:At first I removed all the vanillas (non-berry sims) and replaced them with berries. I hoped that they would populate the town and I could leave them to their own devices, but townies randomly move in all the time, so the vanillas keep coming back. I was tired of removing them so they're mingling now with the berries.

I did this too and it annoyed the crap out of me when the vanillas came back. So now I play the "when I see a vanilla out on the town, I click on them with MC and just change their colors" game. Since I don't completely edit them I pick a color and in about 3 minutes they're a berry.

shogunfish

Brigid wrote:
shogunfish wrote:At first I removed all the vanillas (non-berry sims) and replaced them with berries. I hoped that they would populate the town and I could leave them to their own devices, but townies randomly move in all the time, so the vanillas keep coming back. I was tired of removing them so they're mingling now with the berries.

I did this too and it annoyed the crap out of me when the vanillas came back. So now I play the "when I see a vanilla out on the town, I click on them with MC and just change their colors" game. Since I don't completely edit them I pick a color and in about 3 minutes they're a berry.

That's a good idea. I may have to steal it if I run out of my own berry sims to take over the town!

shogunfish

Sorry if this first chapter is a little awkward. Intro chapters are hard for me.

I'll get it up as soon as I get the pictures loaded, and the new siggy made. :]

shogunfish

Chapter 1: Amber

“Goldenrod! That’s your cue!” I yelled, but he didn’t come out. I wasn’t sure what to do, “Goldenrod!” I screamed again.
Suddenly I heard his voice from behind me, “Sorry!” He jumped out in front of me and began to act out his part.
“No, Goldenrod, we’re going to have to take the scene again from the beginning.” I sighed,

“This time don’t miss your entrance.” We had been practicing all afternoon for the school play. The four of us were the four leads, like usual, but Goldenrod was a little distracted.
“We’ve only got another week until it opens.” Marionberry, or Marion as we called her, reminded him, stomping her foot. She was a little impatient when other people didn’t get their lines down. I sort of understood, because it was frustrating to be all ready for a performance and have to worry that somebody else would mess it up, but at the same time she needed to be patient and wait for him to learn. We all knew he would, because he pulled this stunt almost every show.

“Let’s take the scene from the beginning.” I restarted the music and began my part again. This time Goldenrod made his entrance and said his lines without a single mistake. That was the Goldenrod I knew.
“I think we’re ready.” Marion cheered.
“I’d like to run my monologue scene again.” Sonny suggested. A lot of his scenes were alone, so together we hadn’t gone through them as much as we should have.

We were about to go through it when my most annoying sister, Autumn, came over to watch. Well, not so much watch, as disrupt. I think she kind of had a thing for Goldenrod, and she always tried to distract him when he was over. We had considered going to his and Sonny’s house, they were twins, but I had the biggest yard, and the treehouse.
The tree house was kind of a staple for us. My parents had built it in an attempt to bring the three of us together, hoping that we would go up there and hang out, but it didn’t work out that way.

“Hey guys.” Autumn piped, as she waved at us. I shot her a nasty glare, but it didn’t seem to affect her. She stopped and stood right next to Goldenrod, and when he inched away she inched closer.
“Leave me and my friends alone.” I snarled, through clenched teeth. She was really the only person I was completely cold and unfriendly to, but she knew how to get at me in just the right way.
“Am I bothering you?” She asked, in her most cutsie and annoying voice. She batted her eyelashes as well, just for dramatic effect.

“We’re trying to rehearse. I don’t expect you to come to the performance but if you could kindly leave us in peace it would be greatly appreciated.” I stepped forward from my friends and commanded right into her face.
“Trying is right.” She scoffed, “But that’s all it’ll be.”
I was about to flip my lid when Goldenrod grabbed my arm and pulled me back. “It’s not worth it.” He cooed into my ear. I could see the jealousy in Autumn’s glare, so I stepped back into Goldenrod’s warm embrace.
“You’re right.”

“Whatever.” Autumn called, as she walked back towards the house.
I stepped away from Goldenrod and suggested we move up to the treehouse, before Autumn claimed it.
It was really first come first serve with the treehouse. Whoever had friends over was usually the one who got it, but as stubborn as Autumn was she might have easily taken up inhabitants before we could get there, just to spite me.
“Good idea. Then we can practice in peace.”

We raced up there, and to my pleasure Autumn was nowhere to be seen. However Saffron seemed to have claimed it as her reading spot for the day, and I wasn’t sure how to kick her out. We got along much better than Autumn and I, and I didn’t want to ruin that. Feuding with both of my sisters would be quite the chore.
I cleared my throat several times, hoping to get her attention, and when that didn’t work I called out “Saffron.”

I must have startled her, because for a minute her eyes went wide, and then she slammed her book shut.
“Yes?” She asked, impatiently.
“We need this for practice space.” I told her, crossing my arms so she would understand the urgency and my unwillingness to compromise. Like the nice sister that she was she got up and went down the latter. I flashed her a smile, to let her know that I appreciated it.

“Which scene do we want to run?” Marion asked.
Sonny chipped in with a “Mine.” And we all looked at him. “We were about to run it when the Cold Fall Wind came and interrupted us.” He said, taking a jab at my sister.
“Oh... right.” I sat down, and soon Marion and Goldenrod sat too. “Did you get blocking yet?”
“Yeah. But I want to work on the words right now. Besides, you guys don’t know the blocking so you wouldn’t be able to tell me if I did it wrong.” Sonny pointed out.

He cleared his throat and walked ‘off stage’ before doing a few vocal exercises.
“Just do it!” Goldenrod called out to him. Marion and I didn’t want to mess with his flow, but his brother wasn’t afraid of him. He sighed and waltzed out in front of us.
He took a deep breath and made his speech.

We’d heard it enough times at practice that we all basically knew it by heart, and when he asked for lines we could give them. It didn’t take him much time to get through it, because he made almost no mistakes. Unlike his brother he was a little more diligent with learning his lines as early as possible. Goldenrod liked to be troublesome and daring, but Sonny was a little more responsible.
He gave a quick bow before exiting to the right, and the three of us started clapping and cheering for him.

We practiced for a while more, until I saw the lights go off in the house. That meant it was time for us to be quiet, and once you’re quiet it's hard to stay awake. We all ended up falling asleep without even realizing it. Our eyelids felt like lead, and then suddenly they just closed.

We woke up early the next morning to the smell of waffles. My mom liked to make waffles in the mornings when we had friends over, to lure us out of the treehouse. It worked with us, but not so well with Autumn. She wasn’t ‘motivated by food’ and she made sure that we knew it. It was like that made her better than use. I mentally rolled my eyes every single time I thought about some of the weird stuff she said and did. And me calling somebody weird means they must be really weird.

We had to pull extra chairs up to the very small table in the kitchen. It seemed that my mom put them away every day, even though we had friends over all the time and always needed them.
“Your mom is such a better cook than my mom.” Goldenrod said, like he did every time he ate at our house. He stuffed another pancake into his mouth and added an “Mmmm”. Somehow Autumn thought this boy was attractive. Not that he wasn’t, but he really wasn’t the type she was usually into.

“Don’t spit on me.” Marion screamed, rubbing the pre-chewed food off her arm.
“Sorry.” Goldenrod said, without even blushing.
“If you get that anywhere you’re going to have to clean it up.” I reminded him, and he rolled his eyes at me.
Sonny was the first to finish, and like the good boy he was he took his dishes to the sink. I had told him countless times that he didn’t need to wash his dishes, but he did it anyway, which then obligated us to do it as well.

I followed suit, as did Marion, while Goldenrod left his plate on the table. When I shot him a look of ‘really?’ he just smiled at me. Then Autumn walked in. She had obviously spent an hour in the bathroom trying to make ‘attractive bedhead’ because it looked too good to be actual bedhead, but not good enough to be her usual hair effort. She gave it a little flip as she entered the room, and it made me want to barf.

“Good morning, guys.” She let out a fake yawn and grabbed a plate and a single waffle.
“Morning.” My mom said, but Autumn ignored her.
“So... how did your rehearsing go yesterday?” She asked. We had all learned that this was not a question for anyone but Goldenrod.
He gave her the cheesiest smile imaginable and told her, “Well.”

“Come on, Goldenrod,” I said, grabbing his arm and pulling him from Autumn. She reached out her arm as if she was going to grab him, but dropped it at the last second.
“I’m looking forward to your show!” Autumn called after him. We knew it was a load of bull sherbet, she stopped coming to performances as soon as my parents let her.

I saw Saffron and my dad when we went outside. They were sitting under a tree, and not doing anything. It seems so boring, but the two of them seemed to be at peace. Neither of them had been very social, plus Saffron didn’t actually have any friends. She hung out with our parents more often than I thought was healthy.
They didn’t look up when they saw us, instead they just sat and contemplated who knows what.

We set up in the yard and started our rehearsal again. This was our life. Theater. And I wanted to paint as well, once I could convince my parents to buy me an easel. Marion had one, and I loved it, but they payed for so many dance classes, singing lessons, and plays, that I wasn’t sure how long it would be before I could get one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/07/13 10:38 PM

jbfairybird

This gen looks like it will be fun.

shogunfish

jbfairybird wrote:This gen looks like it will be fun.

I hope that it will be. :]

I might skip ahead to them being teens, because writing chapters for kids is hard for me.

shogunfish

Good morning everyone! What do other people think about the start of Amber's gen? Her child years have been really hard to write, so I apologize for future awkwardness until I age her up.

shogunfish

Ugh, I can't get my siggy to work correctly.

shogunfish

Bump for others to read! Come on guys, I'd like some response to the beginning of the new gen.

gsdluver4

*pokes head in*

I'm a fairly new reader, and I must say I love Amber as a child! She has her own personality and I think we can all relate to her being annoyed at her siblings.

shogunfish

gsdluver4 wrote:*pokes head in*

I'm a fairly new reader, and I must say I love Amber as a child! She has her own personality and I think we can all relate to her being annoyed at her siblings.

Thank you! :]

The next chapter (which should be out next weekend) will be her last as a child because it was hard for me to write for her as a child. But starting after that we'll get into the meat of her generation. I hope you guys will enjoy this one.

WriterGurl97

Location:If you can't see anything beautiful about yourself - get a better mirror. (Shane Koyczan)

oooh, Sibling feuds. Never good, but makes for great reading x)

I'm loving Amber <3

gsdluver4

shogunfish wrote:
gsdluver4 wrote:*pokes head in*

Thank you! :]

The next chapter (which should be out next weekend) will be her last as a child because it was hard for me to write for her as a child. But starting after that we'll get into the meat of her generation. I hope you guys will enjoy this one.

Oh! Can't wait! But I must ask, will each spouse of the heir be following the rainbow colors? First you had red, then orange... We have two yellow fellas... ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/05/12 09:18 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: