Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Hand adjustments...?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » The Sims 4
Author Message
moo11x


Joined: 03/18/13 02:00 PM
Messages: 1108
Location:pluto (ะอ _ อ)☆彡
Offline

I haven't seen any info regarding this yet, I didn't even see it in the CAS video from last year.
I am waiting for Wednesday's video to see if they have added this feature but is this something that you want to see in the game too?
Like dainty hands and large hands, long and short fingers, long and short nails?

I thought they would add it because they have made feet adjustable...


Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7365
Location:Scotland
Offline

I wouldn't think it's currently feasible, because probably the majority of interactions use the Sim's hands, so I would think it would be much harder to animate and program if they all had different sizes of hands. I could be wrong, though.

Profile
Jenzup


Joined: 11/26/12 01:31 AM
Messages: 569
Offline

Oh I thought that push pull thing worked all over the body, wouldn't that include the hands? I don't know, I could be wrong, it just seems weird that the push pull feature wouldn't work on every part of the body (meaning hands).
Profile
KyliesThoughts


Joined: 08/18/13 12:54 AM
Messages: 708

Although I think it's a cool idea, I doubt it will happen. It would take too much to animate each different hand size. It is the same reason why they are not adding height adjustments.
Profile
Jessa_Dakkar


Joined: 06/02/09 03:44 PM
Messages: 4711
Offline

Jenzup wrote:Oh I thought that push pull thing worked all over the body, wouldn't that include the hands? I don't know, I could be wrong, it just seems weird that the push pull feature wouldn't work on every part of the body (meaning hands).



I have read that there will be 18 points on a sim that you can push/pull. That doesn't sound like a whole lot, hopefully there will be more. Anyone else heard something different?
Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7365
Location:Scotland
Offline

Jessa_Dakkar wrote:
Jenzup wrote:Oh I thought that push pull thing worked all over the body, wouldn't that include the hands? I don't know, I could be wrong, it just seems weird that the push pull feature wouldn't work on every part of the body (meaning hands).



I have read that there will be 18 points on a sim that you can push/pull. That doesn't sound like a whole lot, hopefully there will be more. Anyone else heard something different?

I'm sure I heard something more like 40. From what we've seen, it looks like there's more than half of 18 in just the face alone.

Profile
Jenzup


Joined: 11/26/12 01:31 AM
Messages: 569
Offline

I think it would be neat to adjust the hands and feet because I have a friend who has narrow ones and mine are just the opposite, wide.

My friend can't find shoes unless they're specifically made for a narrow foot and I can't find shoes unless they are wide widths, life if funny like that. Our hands I guess follow the same pattern but it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem for finding gloves, is that because hands are more flexible than feet?
Profile
Jessa_Dakkar


Joined: 06/02/09 03:44 PM
Messages: 4711
Offline

Callum9432 wrote:
Jessa_Dakkar wrote:
Jenzup wrote:Oh I thought that push pull thing worked all over the body, wouldn't that include the hands? I don't know, I could be wrong, it just seems weird that the push pull feature wouldn't work on every part of the body (meaning hands).



I have read that there will be 18 points on a sim that you can push/pull. That doesn't sound like a whole lot, hopefully there will be more. Anyone else heard something different?

I'm sure I heard something more like 40. From what we've seen, it looks like there's more than half of 18 in just the face alone.


Have you found anything that says 40? Just curious as everything I find says 18 but maybe it was increased since Gamescom, that was a while ago now. Hopefully we get some answers with the upcoming CAS video.
Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7365
Location:Scotland
Offline

Jessa_Dakkar wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:
Jessa_Dakkar wrote:
Jenzup wrote:Oh I thought that push pull thing worked all over the body, wouldn't that include the hands? I don't know, I could be wrong, it just seems weird that the push pull feature wouldn't work on every part of the body (meaning hands).



I have read that there will be 18 points on a sim that you can push/pull. That doesn't sound like a whole lot, hopefully there will be more. Anyone else heard something different?

I'm sure I heard something more like 40. From what we've seen, it looks like there's more than half of 18 in just the face alone.


Have you found anything that says 40? Just curious as everything I find says 18 but maybe it was increased since Gamescom, that was a while ago now. Hopefully we get some answers with the upcoming CAS video.

No, I think you're right about 18. When I count myself, I think it's 18 areas, but the reason I thought it was higher is because there are different ways and parts of those areas that you can manipulate (i.e upper and lower lip, eye size and rotation, etc).

I can count all of these areas, and I'm sure with all of them we either saw them or they were confirmed at GamesCom: 1) Feet, 2) lower leg, 3) upper leg, 4) waist, 5) stomach, 6) breast, 7) lower arms, 8) upper arms, 9) shoulders, 10) posture, 11) butt/backside/bum/whatever you want to call it , 12) ears, 13) eyes, 14) iris (though that could be part of the eye, but I would consider it separate), 15) lips, 16) nose, 17) cheeks, 18) maybe head size? Some of the avatars seem to have smaller heads. I'm not sure about the 18th myself, but I do think you're right.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/12/14 10:51 PM


Profile
Jessa_Dakkar


Joined: 06/02/09 03:44 PM
Messages: 4711
Offline

I think each area can include several sliders working in unison under each touch point. I think I did see them demonstrate adjusting head size, thank goodness, that and pupil size adjustment are essential. 18 doesn't sound like a lot because I am still thinking in terms of 'sliders', and I can use darn near that many just to get the eyes right. We're getting to change some areas we previously haven't, so I do really like that.
Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7365
Location:Scotland
Offline

Jessa_Dakkar wrote:I think each area can include several sliders working in unison under each touch point. I think I did see them demonstrate adjusting head size, thank goodness, that and pupil size adjustment are essential. 18 doesn't sound like a lot because I am still thinking in terms of 'sliders', and I can use darn near that many just to get the eyes right. We're getting to change some areas we previously haven't, so I do really like that.

When you really list it out like that, they have just about covered every area of the body, minus the hands. There's also the detailed mode on tye face that increases that number by letting you adjust different parts of each are, like I mention, and, like you said, with each adjustment there are several sliders working at once.

I just really can't wait to play around with this. I've always found all those sliders just overwhelming, so I never bothered to touch any apart from the basic ones (weight, muscle size, etc). CAS was just a means to an end; quickly edit the basics, clothes and personality of the Sim the game gives me and that's me ready to play. With TS4, it will probably still be a means to an end, I don't expect that I'll start making Sims just for the sake of it, but I do plan to spend more time actually sculpting the Sim I get, making them more unique and exactly the way I want them.

Profile
sims152318


Joined: 10/06/11 03:11 AM
Messages: 309
Location:California

Oops... nevermind. Callum9432 already has it explained.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/12/14 11:56 PM

Profile
 
Post Reply Forum Index » The Sims 4
Go to: