Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
1001 things you can do with moveobjects on - a screenshot thread for inspiration  XML
Forum Index » Creative Corner
Asante

Ok... I've seen a lot of houses here, which are nicely decorated, but not creatively. There's nothing wrong with putting furniture like we do in real life. Don't get me wrong with that. I don't want to insult anyone, and I found out myself that sometimes it's more difficult to decorate a home realistic than unrealistic. I just think there are so many opportunities you have in a game, that sometimes, you should use them. (You don't HAVE to, of course...)

And maybe some people would WANT to, but don't really know how...

So I'm starting this thread, where everyone, who does weird/insane/creative things with the "moveobjects on" cheat and or the "alt" key, can show their creations as inspiration for other builders.

This won't be a real tutorial thread, but if you really can't figure out how someone did something, feel free to ask

And I hope to see a lot of insane creations here! I want some inspiration myself!

EDIT: edited to make sure I don't want to insult anyone or think decorating homes in a realistic way is wrong... please forgive me anyone who felt insulted or something like that. Doing something like that in a foreign language isn't easy... *laugh*

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/29/09 12:20 AM

Asante

So, going to start of course

(Warning about the bed: don't do it with plants on an upper floor... they'll fall through... if your masterbedroom is somewhere on ground level have fun )

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/28/09 11:02 PM

electropanda

Look mom, no chimney!

Asante

Is there a mirror??

MaxCalifornia

wow that's really inspiring! I'm one of those people that a house is a house, and when I build them, they all look the same!

The only problem I find is that sometimes when I place objects, my sims can't even use them. The way you have the chairs + tables in the 4th one, can they still use the chairs?

You're amazing! I'm going to go look through your studio!

Asante

MaxCalifornia wrote:wow that's really inspiring! I'm one of those people that a house is a house, and when I build them, they all look the same!

The only problem I find is that sometimes when I place objects, my sims can't even use them. The way you have the chairs + tables in the 4th one, can they still use the chairs?

You're amazing! I'm going to go look through your studio!

That's why I usually have a testing sim living in my houses while I build them so I can fiddle around with placing the furniture so you can still use it... All couches I show in those pictures are fully functional. Though I use the tables as decoration, not as a table usually... lol

See, tables sticking partly in the bathtub, but you can still use it. You just have to test out where the non-functional limit is.

Rib640

moveobjects on is definately a lifesaver! I'll post some things I've done with it here later.

Yesac

Here are a few things I've done with moveobjects on.

The podium is a pedestal sink with a box under it. You can't use it but it looks good.

The benches are just put end to end to make them look longer.

I think this is the most creative thing I've done with moveobjects on, and it is actually usable.

Its also a great way to decorate outdoor stairs.

Well those are all the pictures I already have uploaded. I look later if I have anything else that's interesting.

Asante

Ooooh I really like the kitchen/office combination and the amphitheatre!

Asante

Oh btw: you don't have to put kitchen counters against a wall...

and they can even be decorative!

Scarlett

I don't have any pics but I'm refreshing this thread to see more, so free bump. :]
Asante

Hehe... let's see if there will be more people tomorrow... Maybe not everyone has screenshots of his creations ready

Bennjoon

Awesome thanks for the cool thread asante

Btw the screenshot where the chairs are mixed in with the coffee tables are they usable?

Im always trying to make stuff look a little more interesting, ofc my biggest priority is making stuff that works so im always a littl enervous to do it with furniture.

My fountain was made with the big fountain 4 small fountains the statue of the guy and 4 box pedastals.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/29/09 12:11 AM

Simsprocfun

I use this cheat very often to decorate my house
Here are the pictures:

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 07/29/09 12:34 AM

Simsprocfun

oops wrong button

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/29/09 12:12 AM

Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: