Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 4 Creator's Camp: ehaught58 - (NEW SCREENSHOTS!!!!!)  XML
Forum Index » The Sims 4
ehaught58

Hello fellow Simmers! I am back from the Sims 4 Creator's Camp held at the EA headquarters in Redwood City, California. We had a great time and were able to have a hands-on, first look at the new Sims 4. There is so much to share with you, and if you have any questions, please feel free to post it and I will do my best to answer it.

Let me start off by saying that the Sims 4, as compared to previous versions, is a different game in some ways and the same in other ways. As a builder, I will focus mainly on the Build/Buy Mode and leave the game play for other Sims 4 campers to explain. When they are released, I will be posting screenshots and pictures that I took for you to scrutinize so you can ask about anything that you see. I have not received the email from EA with the approved screenshots, but I will get them up as soon as I can.

There are a few new tools and options in the Sims 4 that I would like to point out. First of all, I want to talk about the Friezes and Spandrel tools. These two tools really do a great job of decorating the trim around the house and porches. They are so easy to use and can be added or deleted quickly. Another great addition to the game is the option to raise and lower the walls. This really changes the atmosphere of the room depending on what kind of house you are building. This also allows for you to use different sized windows that you can slide up and down the wall, depending on the size of the window, to any position. Moving objects in the Sims 4 is pretty much like the Sims 3 by using the Alt key. However, there is one difference with placing wall objects. You can move most wall objects in any direction and place it pretty much anywhere you want on the wall. When placing objects on the floor, you are restricted from overlapping objects because there is no MoveObjects On/Off cheat.... at this point. Most of the participants strongly encouraged EA to put that cheat into the game. They assured us that they were working on it, but had run into some problems with it and could not include it in the released version; keep your fingers crossed. There is a new cheat that allows you to increase or decrease the size of the object that you are holding. This is really handy with the plants when landscaping, plus it gives a lot of creativity with all of the other objects. As you all know, there are no pools in the base game. Every time I would ask if there was going to be this or that in the game in the future, we received the same standard answer, "I can't talk about that." If you just can't live without pools in your game, you could use the fountain tool to make what looks like a pool, but you just can't swim in it. I figured out how to make a sunken living room, but I did not include it in the mansion that I made. There are ways to do some of the same things we did in the previous versions, but we just have to do it a different way. So, yes, there is a learning curve.... but once you start learning the ropes, things go smoother. I walked away from this workshop happy with what I learned. It truly streamlines the building process in many ways, yet it leaves an opening for future expansion and more creativity.

One of the many questions I had as a builder was what kind of cheats the base game would come with. After a little prodding, they produced a list for us that I will produce below:

CHEATS

The Cheat Console can be brought up by pressing CNTR+SHIFT+C. Input the following text into the text input field that appears at the top of the screen.
Help - Lists all cheats available to the players.
restSim {first name/last name} - resets the sim.
fullscreen - toggles on or off
headlineeffects on/off - hides headlines for sims
|Death.toggle - disables death for Sims
FreeRealEstate on/off - all houses in world are free
motherlode - 50,000 Simoleons
kaching - 1000 Simoleons
rosebud - 1000 Simoleons
Press "Shift+]" will increase the size of objects (While
holding the object)
Press "Shift+[" will decrease the size of objects (While
holding the object)
testingcheats true/false - enables the following cheats
cas.fulleditmode - allows all CAS abilities
Shift Clicking on Sims:
Reset Object - reset the sim
Add to Family - adds the Sim to current family
Cheat Motive>Make Happy - resets motives to
full and happy
Cheat Motive>Disable Motive Decay - motives are
static
Cheat Motive>Enable Motive Decay - motives are
dynamic
Shift Clicking on objects:
Reset Object - will reset the object
Shift Clicking on dirtyable objects:
Make Dirty - will make toilets, etc. objects
dirty
Make Clean - will make them clean
Shift Clicking the ground:
Teleport Me Here - teleports selected Sim

Here are screenshots of the 2 worlds:

Here are the screenshots of Meister Mansion and other parts of the worlds. I had 3 other screenshots, but they were not approved for release. Frankly, I do not remember what was in them, so I can't tell you why they were not approved. Oh, well....

I have started a new thread showing ALL of the Buy Mode objects. Check it out at this link:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/768169.page

Ed

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 08/06/14 01:04 AM

"If you build it, they will come."
chider1234

Thanks for the information!
Chain

Build mode shenanigans! *Runs in circles waving arms* Whooo!
Freygea

Thank you for taking the time to post your info!
ehaught58

Freygea wrote:Thank you for taking the time to post your info!

You are quite welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to ask

samuliini

Rosebud and Make Dirty are back!

ehaught58

samuliini wrote:Rosebud and Make Dirty are back!

A little nostalgia!

Addicted2Fashion

Can you tell more about the neighborhood? Is it really as small as all the threads show us?

15MagPies

Addicted2Fashion wrote:Can you tell more about the neighborhood? Is it really as small as all the threads show us?

I would like to second this.

mwdonohue

What was on the usb?
lucyvp86

Is it true that there are only 8 careers with 2 paths each? That all the normal careers have been removed? That there are no doctors, scientists, police officers, military, athletes, teachers, politicians, or businessmen?

I'm hoping this was an oversight by the site reporting this and that they chose to only focus on the new careers.
ehaught58

Addicted2Fashion wrote:Can you tell more about the neighborhood? Is it really as small as all the threads show us?

Yes, the neighborhoods are small. Of the two available, each has, I believe, 4-5 vacant lots to build on in each section. I have not received my screenshots that I took while at the camp from EA, so I can't look to see the exact number. I will post them as soon as I get them.

The neighborhoods remind me of the Sims 1 neighborhoods when there were only 10 total lots on the map. The Sims 4 neighborhoods are divided into 4 or 5 sections that act like mini neighborhoods with about 10 total lots.

ehaught58

mwdonohue wrote:What was on the usb?

There were 9 new screenshots and the official Sims 4 ring tone. All are posted on the SimsVIP website.

ehaught58

lucyvp86 wrote:Is it true that there are only 8 careers with 2 paths each? That all the normal careers have been removed? That there are no doctors, scientists, police officers, military, athletes, teachers, politicians, or businessmen?

I'm hoping this was an oversight by the site reporting this and that they chose to only focus on the new careers.

Being a builder, I did not focus on game play, only building. Therefore, I do not know the answer to your question..... sorry.

mwdonohue

ehaught58 wrote:
mwdonohue wrote:What was on the usb?

There were 9 new screenshots and the official Sims 4 ring tone. All are posted on the SimsVIP website.

Thanks.

Forum Index » The Sims 4
Go to: