Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
~SimEssence Magazine~ UPDATED ANNOUNCEMENTS!!! Please check in!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
elasticgirl

@ EVERYONE: We will be announcing new staff members today. After we announce those staff members, we will see what positions are left open. In that case, ANYONE will be able to apply depending on what jobs are left BUT we will start putting together the magazine in the next few weeks, even if people are still applying.

ArtistByNight

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if I get the job or not because of timezones. Unless you announce them before 10pm British time.

elasticgirl

Okay, so since Reiya was unable to make the announcement of who made it to the magazine, I will announce below

Congrats to the following people for making it as new staff members to the SimEssence Magazine. Welcome to the team! As a new staff member, you must email us a headshot of the sim you would like to represent you for the magazine photos. The model's makeup and headshot must be natural with earthy tones such as pale blues, greens, browns. Look at the other staff members headshots for examples! Once you have this headshot done, use the "contact us" form on the front page to request your siggy!

~ Venus (CC Finder)
~ ArtistbyNight (Interviewer)
~ FashionistaLady (CC Finder)

If you have any questions, please contact us ASAP. We love answering questions!!!

Sincerely,

Ben & Elasticgirl

TheMeeepMoop

elasticgirl wrote:Okay, so since Reiya was unable to make the announcement of who made it to the magazine, I will announce below

Congrats to the following people for making it as new staff members to the SimEssence Magazine. Welcome to the team! As a new staff member, you must email us a headshot of the sim you would like to represent you for the magazine photos. The model's makeup and headshot must be natural with earthy tones such as pale blues, greens, browns. Look at the other staff members headshots for examples! Once you have this headshot done, use the "contact us" form on the front page to request your siggy!

~ Venus (CC Finder)
~ ArtistbyNight (Interviewer)
~ FashionistaLady (CC Finder)

If you have any questions, please contact us ASAP. We love answering questions!!!

Sincerely,

Ben & Elasticgirl

Yeah sorry about that....Also guys, for the headshot, please use the contact us form instead of the email because I need them too

VictoriousSimmer

Location:♫They say, she's in the class A Team, stuck in her daydream......♫

Will we have to change our headshot after each theme? I think it would be cool if we did(: And also, can everyone enter the magazine cover contest?
ChelsieLouise

Can I ask which positions are still open if your taking applicants?
ArtistByNight

Thank you! I've just sent a headshot in

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/13/12 05:01 PM

elasticgirl

VictoriousSimmer wrote:Will we have to change our headshot after each theme? I think it would be cool if we did(: And also, can everyone enter the magazine cover contest?

Yup! For each issue we will change the headshots and update siggies probably.
I am so sorry to say but for the first issue we only opened up models to the fashionistas. BUT for each and every issue, we will give a chance to ALL staff members to create a cover I'm sorry about that

elasticgirl

ChelsieLouise wrote:Can I ask which positions are still open if your taking applicants?

Sure thing:

Available Jobs:

~ Tutorial Maker
~ Advertiser
~ General Advertiser

Descriptions of each job is on the front page

elasticgirl

BUMP

Yay, my 701st message!!!

loopyloo01

Location:Chilling on my throne, well I am the "Queen of Fabulous" right?

I have a question..

You know the Tutorial Maker position, how many tutorials do you need to make for each issue and do they need to be relevant to the issue theme? :I

FashonistaLady

Location: Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number... So call me maybe?(:

Wow! Thank you, Ben and Elastic! I'll send my headshot in soon

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/13/12 10:48 PM

elasticgirl

loopyloo01 wrote:I have a question..

You know the Tutorial Maker position, how many tutorials do you need to make for each issue and do they need to be relevant to the issue theme? :I

Umm, I am thinking that for each issue, if a tutorial is long (like how to use GIMP to make skin shine) then you will only need to make one tutorial with photos describing each written step. I am not sure if it will have to be relevant to the issue theme.....Ben and I didn't really go over the logistics for tutorial makers that much. I will just have to check in with Ben to make sure.

elasticgirl

FashonistaLady wrote:Wow! Thank you, Ben and Elastic! I'll send my headshot in soon

KK. Welcome to the team!

FashonistaLady

Location: Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number... So call me maybe?(:

Should the background of my headshot be white or a different color that's easy to edit out? Or is that supposed to be earthy tones too?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/13/12 11:06 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: