Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Springfairy556

DJ booth glitches:

1.Sims won't play the dj booth, even when doing tips.They play for about 2 seconds, then step off and shake their head no.
video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oup88J5WaSQ

2.After using DJ booth, a second DJ booth appears in inventory, making you have 2 of them.

alicia7tommy

Please help! I was having problems downloading the newest patch 1.33 so I uninstalled everything got ride of all my CC and reinstalled the base game and showtime. It says I am 12.0.273.015001.
I tried to download the patch again...it took like 3 hours and when it was done, nothing. My launcher opens and there's the patch thing again asking if I was to update my game, but it is the same patch.
Without the patch Showtime is pointless, I can't use simport. Please help.
I read through your patch info but it is super confusing and I don't know what to do.
Origin is updated and seems to work fine.
I have no CC.

Please help.
MSladyTSO

Link to original question

crinrict wrote:

@MSladyTSO: The Message that the Version is newer than the one you are trying to install was a very stupid idea of EA. This will happen anytime you install a older EP. You can ignore it.

Every time you install an EP, it will patch you and since you let the patch run for HELS through the launcher, you go the newest patch there. That's absolutely normal.

I recommend doing the installation this way:

Install the base game. Patch the game to 1.29 using the 1.29 manual Super Patcher, update to 1.31 with the manual incremental patch, update to 1.33 with the manual incremental patch. You are now at the newest version, you don't need the launcher. Now install your EPs one after the other. You will get that stupid message from Pets (or maybe even earlier) on but you can ignore it.

As for the Crashing: Did you add your files to DEP ? I usually suggest the factory reset (move/rename folder in documents) before doing a complete reinstall. People are always so quick to reinstall thinking it will solve all the issues. Most of the time it's the user files that are corrupt, not the game files.

What you said made perfect sense. I started the uninstall/reinstall against very good advice not to, but I think I had to just see for myself. I didnt fully understand what could happen - now I'm getting that idea

Yes, at that time I did every EP and SP added as an exception in DEP. Weird thing is, that is the first time I had done that - I've always played (no reason) with just the base game excepted in DEP.

THANK YOU!

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 03/17/12 11:24 PM

Faendalimas

crinrict wrote:
@Faendalimas: Are the props maybe stuck in your family inventory ? If your not opposed to mods you can try MasterController to Sort the Inventory and Overwatch to clean it out. I'll add though

Thanks for your reply.

They were in my sims inventory, anything in family is not effected by this.

I got around it in the end by placing the extras and force deleted them using cheat codes. I then placed the ones I wanted to keep and travelled again without them. This seems to have resolved the issue, so far.

Not opposed to mods, I use many of them. I have used Twallan's mods before, they are good to have. I am considering getting master controller again as it makes World Adventures better since a number of that expansions travel quests are messed up by later expansions.

Only reason I have not put MC back in yet is that Showtime is only 11 days old and has had 3 patches, I am a programmer that is normal for many new softwares. So I tend to let things settle a bit first. I am just cautious I will add it in later and can get many of MC's features (though not all of course) using other means for the time being. Thanks though.

Cheers..
Rud3

alicia7tommy wrote:Please help! I was having problems downloading the newest patch 1.33 so I uninstalled everything got ride of all my CC and reinstalled the base game and showtime. It says I am 12.0.273.015001.
I tried to download the patch again...it took like 3 hours and when it was done, nothing. My launcher opens and there's the patch thing again asking if I was to update my game, but it is the same patch.
Without the patch Showtime is pointless, I can't use simport. Please help.
I read through your patch info but it is super confusing and I don't know what to do.
Origin is updated and seems to work fine.
I have no CC.

Please help.

is not the game patch version,to see your version go to my computer,uninstall programs,look for sims 3 next to it you will see game version or version mines say 1.33.2

Jellyfishpet

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but I'm having problems with gigs in the game. My sim auditions for a gig and gets it, but as soon as he does anything else, the gig disappears from the "upcoming gigs" menu. On the day of the gig, he still gets the "don't forget" message, but the maptag doesn't show up and he is unable to set the stage or perform. It's as if he never got the gig in the first place. This has been happening repeatedly ever since I installed the latest patch. Any ideas on how to fix this?

crinrict

Thank you for all your reports. I was enjoying my game today and will get back to you guys in the morning.

---

From my own experience I come to the same conclusion as always: Get Twallan's Overwatch mod. I had all kinds of different issues like no show Sims and confused gigs in my overview. Overwatch solved it all.

MSladyTSO

Dear crinrict,

Glad you enjoyed your game tonight! With everyone's help I'm almost there too!

Links to my original and previous posts

I wanted to report that after doing everything exactly as you said in your answer to my previous post, I added just the base game as an exception in DEP, as that's the way I've always played and I wanted to do these changes slowly.

Started my game - (disabled anything online and didnt sign in) - it immediately crashed. Started again and crashed within 30 seconds - as soon as I right-clicked and tried to drag to move around town. So checked my video driver (ATI Radeon HD 3870x2 with current update - AMD Catylyst 12.3). Thouoght I remembered you saying that was a bad update but cant find where you said that. So I got back on the forums and did a search for DEP and found that I had added "ts3.exe" to DEP, not "ts3w.exe". So I changed that, and so far things are good. So far I think I'm playing what you call a "vanilla" game - NOTHING added back. I'm getting ready to change the screen size to window instead of full-screen, as that's the way I prefer to play, and then gradually make other changes, including signing in and Simport. Guess I'll wait a while to add EPs and SPs to DEP since everything seems ok for 20 mins play so far. Just wanted to report to you that I had the wrong .exe file in DEP and hope that will help someone else. Hopefully I wont have anything else to add! (hope!) Thank you again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/18/12 12:43 AM

Kikso

Everyone

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) No
4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? I have Showtime
6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 1.32 or 1.33 ? I don't know :/
7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ? No
8. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? I don't know
9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? started a new game
10. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Mac
12. Did you disable SimPort ? No
13. Did you disable the Social Features ? No

Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature

- What EPs do you own All
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can't read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
Processor:2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

- Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ? 64
- Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ? I have store contents like hairs and clothes only

geminiagre

Location:Lurking in the shadows behind you, roasting horse fertilizer on the fire pit

found 4 pool tables on top of eachother on Mik's karaoke live show venue

Update about my pregancy issue. Sims with patch 1.33 CAN get pregnant now but the game wont register it until their first bump . No jingle when they get pregnant and they can still keep trying to have a baby.

Kestris

Had to do a complete wipe of my hard drive and reinstall. Since then, I've had nothing but problems with Sims3.

After reinstalling everything including Showtime, and updating to patch 1.33, I cannot load ANY neighborhoods.

Even after 1.5 hours, the load bar never moves.

Uninstalled and reinstalled- same thing, will not load ANY neighborhoods.

NO Custom Content, NO EA store items, NO Mods, on Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5-2320 3.00GHz, 6.00gb RAM, 1g Radeon HD 6450 vid card

Social crap turned OFF.(Really, if I wanted people on Facebook to know what I was doing in Sims, I'd play Sims Social.) Sim port turned OFF as well. Origin turned OFF.

Had absolutely no issues prior to wipe of harddrive and complete reinstall, and subsequent update to the latest patch. After that patch, cannot even play my game.

So frustrated right now.

Edited to add- I did notice prior to the forced wipe/reinstall of my HDD, that I DID NOT have a Showtime Collection file. The other EPs/SPs, etc were there, but not Showtime.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/18/12 04:02 AM

HappySimmer3

If anyone is playing with patch 1.33 I would appreciate if they could test this out..

I was at 1.32 and had no ST Collections folder and my launcher was all messed up with red X's all over the screens. So I had to uninstall/reinstall the base game and use the 1.29 superpatcher and then the 1.31 incremental. Since everything worked at that point I have not updated to 1.33.

However one of the things I have noticed is that when I have my sim click on a toddler to pick them up or put them in their crib or whatever, no action shows up in the toddlers queue. Previously when a sim wanted to interact with a toddler then the action also showed up in the toddler's queue, which caused them to stop what they were doing and get into position to be picked up. The action will occasionally show up in the toddler's queue now but not on a consistent basis.

Again, if anyone who is at 1.33 could test this to see if you get the same results, that would be great. Thanks.

HappySimmer3

Kestris wrote:Edited to add- I did notice prior to the forced wipe/reinstall of my HDD, that I DID NOT have a Showtime Collection file. The other EPs/SPs, etc were there, but not Showtime.

I had the same problem. I had updated to the 1.32 patch.

What did you do to patch to the current patch level? There is a patch downloader at Mod the Sims that will check your game to see if you are missing any of the patches. The only other thing I know of that would cause this would be outdated CC but since you said you reinstalled and aren't using any I don't know what else to suggest.

crinrict

@Shaggyswife: Start a new game and restore your game to factory settings to see if it works then.

@MaxQBaker: I don't think Overwatch is the issue here (make sure you have the newest version though). You can put velocitygrass mod back to see if it starts reoccuring.

@Springfairy556: I'll add

@alicia7tommy: Hover over the base game icon in your launcher to see what version you are at now. It's the base game version that counts. You can get the manual super patch here: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3
_1.33.2.0150xx_update.exe

@MSladyTSO: I see you are covered now. Glad to hear

@Faendalimas: I have a stuck pizza in my inventory now (from SimPorting). I would suggest putting Overwatch and MasterController in and you might also want to give traveler a go. The mods are not free of errors but it makes games so much better. I had a lot of issues yesterday and putting in Overwatch solved them all

@Jellyfishpet: Try Twallan's Overwatch mod. It's the only solution I have for messed-up gigs. Did your proprietors change or did you have any other issues with them ?

@Kikso: Thanks for the info. I don't know much about Macs honestly and I don't have any other suggestions than the ones in my blog. Did you have issues with Pets as well ? Macs have a major issue with horses and freezing.

@geminiagre: Thanks. Need to check that out. Jingle is a come and go issue. I've had pregnancy where they was no jingle. As for the tfb until the bump shows: Wasn't that always like that ? They can do anything till it shows since technically they don't KNOW that a little one is on it's way ?

@Kestris: Did you put any of the old user data back ? Really don't know what to tell you. Seems rather strange (unless your hard drive has a physical issue).

@HappySimmer3: I have that issue too (1.33). It's been reported by users before Showtime. For me, it does not happen for all cribs and when I moved one around it would work again. Now my sims have moved and I'm stuck with the issue again. I'm gonna try out some stuff with mods to see if I get any errors.

bex1983

Hi, can anyone help me problems started with world adventures but then an update came out which seemed to rectify the problem for a short while. I have all expansion and stuff packs and since downloading showtime all i have nothing but problems. 1st of all sometimes I can save my game other times I get an error message. I cant use build buy mode because it crashes the game ive tried using create a sim and weather its to do with the career outfits im not sure but all the content i have purchased from the sims store including hairstyles are missing and the moment i change anything in create a sim and press the tick button......yes youve guessed it the game crashes. Can anyone help me as i have not been able to play my game properly. before anyone asks yes I have installed the latest update.
Thank you
Bexx

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: