Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Hey, how about everyone wait for more info!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
derykrenaln

Hi,

I normally do not start posts, but just thought I'd try and help out here. Instead of everyone rushing to pre-judge this expansion pack, how about we wait and find out more details? I've seen this happen after just about every time of the announcement of EVERY expansion pack since Sims came out.

There's barely a snippet of pre-information out on World Adventures. Let's give the Dev Team a chance and see what's coming. After all we haven't had the opportunity to see but three screenshots.

Set your judgements and preconceived notions aside and think about what we do know for a moment...

- Challenges. Hmmm sounds fun! I like a challenge in my games. In between having to take care of my Sims natural functions (which gets boring sometimes) I can break it up by doing something different!
- Ability to visit three different countries and the chance to be able to have a second home there. Alright for that!
- Ability to take up some new hobbies: martial arts and photography (thus far and more to be announced!)
- Ability to explore famous landmarks (something new to Sims 2 and or 3) and the environment and take up new collections (more details coming I'm sure!). I find this a strong attribute for The Sims 3!
- Yes you won't get to stay in a hotel, but set up a base camp. Ummm people do set up base camps all the time when they go on an adventure.
- No beaches, but the settings have not been announced as being near a beach. I go to the beach in Sunset Valley all the time. I want to see something different!
- New styles for decorations, and we can take home souvenirs!
- $10 of Sims Store stuff for free!

So thanks, and please keep the thread constructive. I don't mind opposing views as long as they're well thought out, (READ not off the cuff or full of snap judgements and emotion) and what is true. Not farsical or full of inuendo and assumption. Basically anything beyond the scope of what EA has posted about World Adventures fits into that category.

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh by the way, it's ok to fantasize and speculate on what the expansion may contain, but don't read that as being what it SHOULD contain or WILL contain. That's just an0 opinion. Just like I think it'd be nice to have weather in this expansion. That doesn't mean however that it will happen, but it might. We don't know for sure yet. But if it doesn't, I'll just wait for when it does.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 08/05/09 09:29 AM

onionXrings1

Thank you!

You know you want to click them... Friend Me...I won't bite...
SelahFreeAtLast

AKA Dee
valennealv

derykrenaln wrote:Hi,

I normally do not start posts, but just thought I'd try and help out here. Instead of everyone rushing to pre-judge this expansion pack, how about we wait and find out more details? I've seen this happen after just about every time of the announcement of EVERY expansion pack since Sims came out.

There's barely a snippet of pre-information out on World Adventures. Let's give the Dev Team a chance and see what's coming. After all we haven't had the opportunity to see but three screenshots.

Set your judgements and preconceived notions aside and think about what we do know for a moment...

- Challenges. Hmmm sounds fun! I like a challenge in my games. In between having to take care of my Sims natural functions (which gets boring sometimes) I can break it up by doing something different!
- Ability to visit three different countries and the chance to be able to have a second home there. Alright for that!
- Ability to take up some new hobbies: martial arts and photography (thus far and more to be announced!)
- Ability to explore famous landmarks (something new to Sims 2 and or 3) and the environment and take up new collections (more details coming I'm sure!). I find this a strong attribute for The Sims 3!
- Yes you won't get to stay in a hotel, but set up a base camp. Ummm people do set up base camps all the time when they go on an adventure.
- No beaches, but the settings have not been announced as being near a beach. I go to the beach in Sunset Valley all the time. I want to see something different!

So thanks, and please keep the thread constructive. I don't mind opposing views as long as they're well thought out, (READ not off the cuff or full of snap judgements and emotion) and what is true. Not farsical or full of inuendo and assumption. Basically anything beyond the scope of what EA has posted about World Adventures fits into that category.

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh by the way, it's ok to fantasize and speculate on what the expansion may contain, but don't read that as being what it SHOULD contain or WILL contain. That's just an0 opinion. Just like I think it'd be nice to have weather in this expansion. That doesn't mean however that it will happen, but it might. We don't know for sure yet. But if it doesn't, I'll just wait for when it does.

Well heres my views..

- Challenges- These seem kinda lame. I hate pop-up mini games, let alone in the sims.
-Ability to visit three different countries and the chance to be able to have a second home there- Thats quite neat as long as we can move between the two as we wish.
-Ability to take up some new hobbies- Doesn't really interest me, freetime put me off hobbies, period.
-Ability to explore famous landmarks (something new to Sims 2 and or 3) and the environment and take up new collections- I don't like the fact its using REAL locations in it. The sims is a made up world and it should have made up locations. I would be all for this but the fact that only one half of the game (The 3 locations) will be real puts me off. And as for the collecting, I couldn't think of anything worse.
-Yes you won't get to stay in a hotel, but set up a base camp- Would have prefered the whole hotel idea for this. I dislike the fact we have to work our way up to get a normal house.
-No beaches, but the settings have not been announced as being near a beach.- Its in Sunset Valley? Who needs it! All I want to be able to do is SWIM in them!
- New styles for decorations- Always a plus.
- $10 of Sims Store stuff for free!- Well cant argue with that!

My overall opinion with this game is that it feels too much like a RPG. I want simulation! Stories! And just to play how I want to! The way your driven to play out these adventures just to get to a house is stupid! I honestly want a vacation EP, where there was a ski village. The whole family comes back to their HOTEL and sits around the fire drinking hot chocolates and so on!

World Adventures is taking a new turn in the Sims game, I just dont know if I'll be aboard it.. ( Did I sound like a reviewer?)

debw1223

I so agree with you....everyone is jumping the band wagon and making judgements before we really have much info.

simdo

I too have read where many have prejudged this so called EP with little info on it. Some called it another BV, and one I believe said that it was another lifestory. Which is a altogether seperate game. I mean come on people, none of us don't have a set release date. And we're all just sitting here passing judgement on something that we know little about. EA could still scrap the whole project, not likely though. But it's still possible
PurpleFizz

I just wish the expansion pack wasn't so far away
CoffeeChick0

derykrenaln wrote:

-Challenges. Well, we currently have challenges that randomly pop up now in our base game so this doesn’t really bother me nor excite me.

- Ability to visit three different countries and the chance to be able to have a second home there. This sounds ok to me when placed in those terms.

- Ability to take up some new hobbies: martial arts and photography (thus far and more to be announced!) I had to laugh at this one… will our sims in disagreements now need martial arts to defend themselves? I can only but imagine the fight’s now.

- Ability to explore famous landmarks and the environment and take up new collections Explore is ok but I didn’t like the mini game idea where you had to solve puzzles. Once a puzzle is solved what’s left to entertain you when you run another sim in the exploration part? Collecting is ok too while I must admit I became bored fairly quickly with the collecting in the base game so far. I only collect out of necessity for some seeds.

- Yes you won't get to stay in a hotel, but set up a base camp. I didn’t care for this at all. I felt like it was forcing us (from my own interpretation of the interview) to complete said puzzles in order to earn the right to live in the new destinations. That’s not very sim like at all.

- No beaches, but the settings have not been announced as being near a beach. Ok, not arguing with the no beaches as we have them in the base city anyway.

- New styles for decorations, and we can take home souvenirs! Sounds good.

- $10 of Sims Store stuff for free! Free? Well not free, you need to buy the EP first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/05/09 01:10 PM

derykrenaln

Hi all. Thanks for the great posts here. I just got caught up on reading them and thanks for keeping it civil and they're all great opinions.

-Ability to visit three different countries and the chance to be able to have a second home there- Thats quite neat as long as we can move between the two as we wish.

Yah that will be great, as my Sims are getting quite wealthy, their house is huge and I don't know what to do with all this disposable income! So a second home in an exotic destination will be wonderful. Free movement between is I'm sure a given.

- Ability to take up some new hobbies: martial arts and photography (thus far and more to be announced!) I had to laugh at this one… will our sims in disagreements now need martial arts to defend themselves? I can only but imagine the fight’s now.

LMAO! Bring it on... FIGHT!

Sheenaf9

I have always looked up on youtube for info on ts2 or ts3. (and the ep's)

But there is nothing there now. Try looking on the internet for more info or try you tube closer to the date its comming out. but if there is any more info or sites I find that are good, info wise, Ill pass them on to you.
Panther00567

I really hope they include hobbies gradually with different EPs like this instead of that Free Time EP (which didn't add much other than some really awesome objects... but the phone calls everytime your sim played the violin annoyed me to death)
Purrcat

Amen to waiting before complaining. I think it sounds like fun! If you don't then don't buy it.

Jan

I love Sims 3! I just wish they could knit!
derykrenaln

Sheenaf9 wrote:I have always looked up on youtube for info on ts2 or ts3. (and the ep's)

But there is nothing there now. Try looking on the internet for more info or try you tube closer to the date its comming out. but if there is any more info or sites I find that are good, info wise, Ill pass them on to you.

Great thanks Sheenaf9!

Purrcat wrote:Amen to waiting before complaining. I think it sounds like fun! If you don't then don't buy it.

That's someone's prerogative to not buy it that's for sure. It's nice to live in societies where we have that right to buy or not buy something.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/05/09 06:38 PM

The_Clay

Maby they will have a mineing skill. People who don't talk and pertend 2 do stuff. Hid ur children

I have regret to inform all of you but I have been Perma banned on the 29 of January at 12. I will come back with the SP
derykrenaln

One more thought.

It's ok to make up your own mind on something. You don't have to listen to others, myself included. *grin* So when you purchase World Adventures, decide after you've given it quite a few hours of play (20+ hrs or so) before you make your final decisions.

I try and do that, and find I surely get more out of my game, my money, and my time by being grateful that I have this privilege to play a wonderful product. Sometimes they're not so wonderful, but always in the past the Sims Dev Team has given us quality products that are well worth the money we pay for them.

Thanks!

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: