Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Launcher doesn't work  XML
Forum Index » Possible Bugs
mike1117

Launcher doesn't work. As soon as I click on it, I get the window saying it stopped working. I can open the game through the exe file, and it plays, but no launcher. What's up with that?
elhefe

Have you tried restarting your computer? If so, make sure only one version of the launcher is running (task manager or bottom right of the screen).

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz Q6600 G0
2 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066
BFG nVidia 8800 GTS OC 640 MB
Windows XP Home SP3
*The Sims 3 runs great!*
sketch_rex

my launcher will not work either. my game runs fine but i cannot download any of my purchased content or any patches because my launcher will not work. a window pops up that says it has stopped working and must close. if u do or already have fixed this problem, please explain to me how to fix mine please...
Sim_Master_Ibra

i have the same problem

Free Lockerz invitations

Sims Addicted <3 <3
hulsing

I have the same problem. Have had this game since it came out and I can play it but it would sure be nice if they would fix this problem...
Marah06

I have this problem also, but I kept closing than re-open or if it's freezes I just rest-start my computer.
CodyZu

I also have same problem.
I can play the game by just open the game directly, but it won't open the game launcher to download the stuff I've purchased,
babygotzit

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, AND IT DOES PLAY IT ONLY PLAYS FOR LIKE 10 MIM THE IT GO BACK TO MY DESK TOP
babygotzit

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, AND IT DOES PLAY IT ONLY PLAYS FOR LIKE 10 MIM THE IT GO BACK TO MY DESK TOP
pinkwizz

I am also having this problem, what the heck is it with this game? Its been trouble from the beginning, if its not one thing its another, I run my own sims 3 site and feel like such a fraud because I cannot even play the game...I need an answer to this so Guru's come on please and help....

pinkwizz

Put it this way, i was about to spend my hard earned cash on simpoints for all the new stuff, whats the point now? I can see why EA are annoyed they are not making money, nobody can play the game so why spend money on it, I was so looking forwardto getting High end Loft too, but looks like another loss EA will have made...

romagi1

When I click on the launcher it says it's sorry and needs to close.

To get around this and still use the launcher I go to add/remove programs and delete the EA download manager. Then my launcher works fine. When you click the launcher it wants you to install the download manager and I just ignore until I want to download something and then I reinstall it. But it will happen again, maybe the next click or maybe 20 clicks.

This is by NO means a fix it is a work around. EA needs to address this issue with a complete fix.

Siggy by Patrick (mona 1996)
shadowgirl294

It all started when while playing my game it suddenly crashed. Straight to the desktop. No message or anything. It would happen at random times. Either I would just get into a game, while it's loading a game, or before I even got to choose a file to play, it would just crash to the desktop. No other PC game I own is doing this. And now I can't even get into the launcher. I just get "sims3launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close". Help please.

kiekskee

when I click to play, it says sims3 launcher doesn't work.
please help me. I can't play now.
Diskette66

This will sound nuts but here's how I reliably get my launcher to open (and function).

Pick 1 pattern from the exchange that you like (a pattern because it's tiny and probably the safest thing you can download). Choose "add to game". For whatever reason, usually the launcher will open and work.

I could sit all day opening the launcher through other means and it will keep timing out, not list my installed content, give me all sorts of problems. Do the pattern method, it opens and works on the first try. *Shrug*

Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: