Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Breathe Deeper...(Clean Install for Dummies)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Mokiedoll

I had so many problems with my sims after vacations. Their inventory or money changes.. there are doubles, someone disappears. It frustrates me so much when I try to make a family with many generations and the game messes up before the first generation dies. I uninstalled my Sims but maybe I'll try this.. Maybe. Probably not it looks so confusing. Maybe I'll find some nice person to do it for me.
XxAkiraXx1

gspot.com/

what about if you got it installed and the latest patch and you know sims 3 worked before you installed world adventures. and it comes up with the error, unable to start

service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

http://silverequusarabians.weebly.com/index.html

oh my, just when i thought everything was okay, she came back from her second trip to france with a clone, so not only did i have to quit without saving, which means I have lost everything before I went and during..and I did follow the clean install instructions, exactly, to the letter, game ran fine for one day, could travel, no problems, today, freezing and clones.
This is ridiculous and no one from EA answers emails ...

i want my money back and cannot get it! why do you have to play a buggy game with no support, and its just tough cookies if it doesnt work, wait 4 years for a patch or deal with it..EA is not good

and I understand about user error, I work for tech support for a major camera/printer manufactorer and deal with people who don't know what they are doing all day long...

EA GIVE US ONE PATCH THAT SOLVES EVERYTHING NOW OR RETURN THE MONEY
feloo7

Hi, i made my game ALLOT faster by deleting my custom sims that i have downloaded. I have been trying to figure out where a ton of custom content i have been wanting to delete is located. It wasn't in my mods folder or deletable sims 3 packs. Turns out allot of creators attach content to sims files. So i removed all my files in my "SavedSims" folder and Viola! Drastic change in performance! But a lil reminder, you don't have to lose all your sims in that folder. Just move it to your desktop and put them back in when u want to make some custom simmies! Just be cautious what content u use to create them. I don't know how to remove items from sim files after they have already been packaged. I would appreciate anyone's help that knew how.

Hope this helps some people!
mona1315

I'm not sure if anyone else is having a problem with downloading the disk defrag from the link that was provided but I'm getting a message that reads Page not found it still takes you to C-Net and I did a search it brought up 3 software downloads so I'm not sure wich one to download because I know this was written a while ago. I was also wondering if anyone could explain how to disable my anti virus so I can install the adware remover and the sims3 games as it was suggested for a clean reinstall. Thank you in advance for all your help
Kittykat73

I'm probibly being really thick here, but are the front page instructions for actually getting the game installed and up and running?
When I try and install I get this message: The set up has detected that the regional install code for The Sims 3 is different than what this expansion requires.
The product requires The Sims 3 to have the same regional code to be installed.
Would the instructions on the front page relate to this? In a way I hope not, I don't want to do all that to get my game running!
7aquaman7

The issues I am having with WA now is that I simply can't go on vacation. When I try I get the user interface with no sims to control. If I start brand new games I can go on vacation one time and as soon as I get back and I am able to travel again boom, same problem. This happens with every previous saved game, every world and I have deleted all custom content I can locate. I have done a clean install of WA and of Origin and still having the same problem. I played for a long time without issues and then all of a sudden it is like the game overloaded on the number of trips I was allowed to take and I can't go anymore.
AerieBabe

I am having the same issues as 7aquaman7. Have tried everything I can think of for the past week and can find no solution. Can someone help?
dreamersmind

If I try to go on vacation the game crashes. Just yesterday I took a sim on vacation to france, and now I'm trying to go back to China to finish a quest, and the game crashes and forces a shutdown when the travelling begins to load. I'm going to try uninstalling my store bought and custom items and see if that changes anything, but I don't see what difference that would make considering nothing has changed since I last went on vacation yesterday other than a baby being born and my sim completing a quest that started in china and then took me to france. I just want to finish the quest line!
dreamersmind

It's not the custom content, at least for me. I took the same sim to Egypt with no errors, and then tried to go to China again and it still errors out. I'm betting it has something to do with the quest I was on or a quest item. I've had things lock up for stupid reason like this before. I hate to do it, but I'm going to drop the quest and see if I get different results. Wish me luck!
HotBlackBabe

hmm

rec my studio plz. (◡‿◡✿)
YankeesForever

My game has been crashing so I decided to try these steps.

Thanks for your help.
blackwolf888888

I just want to know if it even has problems anymore and what do I get by registering the game if I decide to buy it new rather than used
dartigen

Are there any guides that apply for clean reinstalling when you're using Steam? I've cleaned up all the obvious stuff but many of the registry entries were completely different and some folders weren't in the same places.

(One tip - look under /steam/steamapps/[your username] and there may be other files there.)

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: