Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Sim disappeared when traveling (with screen shot)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
loilee

I'm so disappointed that moving your sim family to the bin and starting in a new neighbourhood seems to be the only real fix - i've already had to do this thanks to a previous world adventures bug and now my sim family have all got relationships and jobs and it seems i have to do it all over again. I hate ea.

SummerZeigler

haleymae wrote:Ok, Natdee's workaround worked for me! So thank you so much Natdee! It didn't quite go exactly as Natdee's instructions but here's what I think I remember doing:

So my guy was missing in Egypt. I hit Edit Town. I didn't do anything while in Edit Town but at the top the only option available was "Return to Game Setup" (not Return to Game). So I hit that.
I was able to choose Create a Sim, Choose a Household, etc., so I chose a household (Hosni family) and hit play now. I was able to play the family so right away I hit phone and chose Return Home for both the Hosni family sims.
When it finished loading my original home, the original sim I had sent on vacation was still at home and the foreign family was nowhere to be seen. I hit Edit Town and clicked on my home and even though there was no pic of the foreigner there was an empty box and when I hovered the mouse over it the name showed. So I split my household & the foreign sim went to the clipboard and I moved them to an empty house.
I hit Return to Game and entered my household. I immediately had the girl sim that stayed at home call and invite a foreigner which was my guy that I'd sent to Egypt originally cause he was still there! I invited him over even though his double was standing right beside me.
When my "foreign" visitor came, I had two exact sims. I had the girl sim chat with him until I could ask him to move in and when I did it showed all three sims in the big "Do you want this to be your active household" box. I clicked yes and when it was done processing all I had in my household was my two original sims. I saved then sent my original sim guy back to Egypt just to see if it worked and BAM! He showed up and I've been playing him in Egypt no problem.

Note: I did evict the foreign family before I saved and put them in the sim bin. Their square is still empty. I went to edit town in Egypt and put them in a home but haven't checked yet to see if they show up.

I hope I got all the steps I took to get my vacation to work right so it's not too confusing. I'm not sure what the "greyed out" box you guys are talking about was at. Good luck to everyone and thanks again to Natdee!

This worked for me!! Thank you soooo much!!!
Larkspur89

natdee wrote:I think that this is a pretty common problem. It happened to me too...and I solved it! It took some time, but I had been playing my household forever and hadn't backed up, so I was pretty desperate.

What I did:

1) Your screen looks like ZandoCarfiny's after traveling (see screen shot on first post)
2) Go to "Edit Town"
3) Your game now thinks that your active town is wherever you were traveling to. Choose a new active household in this location (so in Egypt, choose an Egyptian family as your active household)
4) Use the cell phone of someone in your new active household to "Return Home" (as if they were the ones that were traveling)
5) The foreign family will now be a part of your "old" active household. Move them out.
6) Have someone in your household call the sim who was traveling to come visit. If this doesn't work you may have to use the cheat "resetSim [the traveling sim's name]" before you have them come visit
7) When they're visiting, either have someone in your household ask them to move in, or use the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true", shift-click the sim, and click add to active
8 ) k, now your family is all back together and home. Go to edit town, choose the foreign family you had move into your town, and click the icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen to edit the town in their country. Move them back into their own home. ***if you had them move onto a random lot when you moved them out, you'll have to evict them first ***if they have no household money, you'll have to use the cheat "motherlode" a few times while they're on a lot so that they can afford their old home
9) click "return to game"
10) Back up your game so you never have to do this again

I hope this makes sense and that it helps someone else out.

I had the same problem when sending my family to any foreign country, so and tried the above solution... here's what happened:

I sent my Simbot to China, did the whole edit-town-select-new-active-household thing... chose some random single guy and sent him home. When he got home he DIED! (***?) My sims were mourning his death but his ashes/grave are nowhere to be found. I invited my now-foreign simbot to come visit, and none of my family members could interact with him (save one of the teenagers...)..... I'm assuming teens can't invite friends to move in. They are best friends now... nothing's happening. This sucks.

Weird thing is: This only started happening after I installed Generations and Town Life. Before that everything was ok.

Why is TS3 so **** unstable!?!
Lady_Hellsing

So this happened to me(Don't worry its not one of those... I actually have a solution.) This was actually the second time I've dealt with this...the first time was with China and I didn't mind too much because I wasn't really attached to the Sim I sent over...but the second time which was with France I adored the little sim I sent over(he was an investigator and looked so cute in his little hat. Not to mention I spent some time building up his profession.) But anyway, I tried whatever I could to get him back and what I ended up doing was going to options and editing the town. When you do this make sure you save. I picked a new household with the intent of returning home to see if my little man had done the same, it doesn't matter who you choose, but I aimed for a single household so no one would be missed. What ended up happening was when I returned home I returned right back to where my Sim had originally left off, meaning right before he made the phone call to travel. What sucks is that they keep the money you spent traveling(All those cases we solved >.< ) but at least you get your Sim back with the all the wishes you promised them and everything. Well at least this worked for me, I hope works for everyone else too.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/22/11 01:58 AM

sarahgordon

unlink fb to your sims.

moyna

Larkspur89 wrote:
natdee wrote:I think that this is a pretty common problem. It happened to me too...and I solved it! It took some time, but I had been playing my household forever and hadn't backed up, so I was pretty desperate.

What I did:

1) Your screen looks like ZandoCarfiny's after traveling (see screen shot on first post)
2) Go to "Edit Town"
3) Your game now thinks that your active town is wherever you were traveling to. Choose a new active household in this location (so in Egypt, choose an Egyptian family as your active household)
4) Use the cell phone of someone in your new active household to "Return Home" (as if they were the ones that were traveling)
5) The foreign family will now be a part of your "old" active household. Move them out.
6) Have someone in your household call the sim who was traveling to come visit. If this doesn't work you may have to use the cheat "resetSim [the traveling sim's name]" before you have them come visit
7) When they're visiting, either have someone in your household ask them to move in, or use the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true", shift-click the sim, and click add to active
8 ) k, now your family is all back together and home. Go to edit town, choose the foreign family you had move into your town, and click the icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen to edit the town in their country. Move them back into their own home. ***if you had them move onto a random lot when you moved them out, you'll have to evict them first ***if they have no household money, you'll have to use the cheat "motherlode" a few times while they're on a lot so that they can afford their old home
9) click "return to game"
10) Back up your game so you never have to do this again

I hope this makes sense and that it helps someone else out.

I had the same problem when sending my family to any foreign country, so and tried the above solution... here's what happened:

I sent my Simbot to China, did the whole edit-town-select-new-active-household thing... chose some random single guy and sent him home. When he got home he DIED! (***?) My sims were mourning his death but his ashes/grave are nowhere to be found. I invited my now-foreign simbot to come visit, and none of my family members could interact with him (save one of the teenagers...)..... I'm assuming teens can't invite friends to move in. They are best friends now... nothing's happening. This sucks.

Weird thing is: This only started happening after I installed Generations and Town Life. Before that everything was ok.

Why is TS3 so **** unstable!?!

Well I had my Simmie (Leila Goth) go to Egypt after having her first born (Prudence)...when the screen loaded, it was the same deal as all of you...I tried this suggestion and when it got to the bit about inviting the foreign non-foreign Leila, the picture of her was from when she was a Teen, but it still had her little wedding ring next to it. This I found odd. I also found that Leila's sister Thalia, step-son Leo, and Mortimer, all had the "witnessed death" moodlet, but not little Prudence (can newborns even get that moodlet?). Mortimer's was the broken heart...which tells me that Leila died apparently? So since Goth Manor is conveeeeniently located next to the Cemetery, I had Morty go check it out, and Leila's tombstone was in the Manage window. Odd. But Teen-Leila did NOT show up at 9AM the next day as promised. When I try to invite her again, it says I need to wait for the previous group to leave before I invite more foreigners. She's gen 2, but I love her to deeeath. I want her back.

W...T...F?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/24/11 08:22 PM

bernahan

I have never had this problem, when I play just a single person household but now I have seven sims in my active family and this happened to me.
Yesterday, I only sent two of them on vacation to France. Both of them are adults and this vacation was their first travel. The WA screen loaded to France but my sims did not arrived. Their icons and the other icons never showed up, like screen shots on first post
I went to main menu and exit without saving. (my game is up to date)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 09/12/11 01:20 AM

Simgurl20

I got this same issue too. I know I had it in the past and found a solution for it, but what that solution was I really don't remember. I can't find it again, I've tried everything and nothing works to fix it. I'm now stuck with it again as I had to reinstall everything since that and it messed up whatever fix I had done for it. I'm not reinstalling everything again because I know it won't help.

All I wanted to do was travel with a sim in my household, but whenever I do, as soon as I get there all I'm greeted with is the UI without my sim and I cannot do anything but go in and out of map view. I can't interact with anything and no reset cheats work. I'm really frustrated by this, there is no need for it. Right now I'm stuck with an expansion pack that I paid a lot of money for and I cannot get any use out of at the moment. I could make a new family and try playing with them, but I don't want to do that. I want to play with the sim family I have now, and I want to play in the same town I have now, because I have a lot of things customized in it. I don't want to move them into a different town just to travel. I shouldn't have to. I really hope this gets fixed, but I know that it never will.
NRaas

Simgurl20 wrote:I don't want to move them into a different town just to travel. I shouldn't have to. I really hope this gets fixed, but I know that it never will.

It may not be fixed by EA, but one could always use a mod to correct the issue.

If you are amiable to such things, I would suggest looking up NRaas Industries, and read up on The Traveler mod.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries.

For more details, search for my name on this forum.
SumoB

I found the problem on my pc!

If I would visit this forum and read this yesterday, I would think: oh poor people. I'm so happy I don't have the same problem. Today: oh! I have the same problem! -.-

I have no cc or mods but this was the problem (as I know) on my pc.

I started with a sim in bridgeport. She once travelled to China nothing bad happened she learned a new skill. When she returned she got a job and got a boyfriend. Then I moved them from BP over to SV. They got married after meeting some new people (they needed someone to come to the wedding right? ). I desided that their honeymoon should be in france. That night after the wedding I made them travel.

But they never came to france, I did. The where no simicons and the termometer thing was aqua-colored just as on the photo.

I went over here and read some lines. Figured out that I was not the only one.

I started the game again (had to do the half of the wedding over again!). Then I tried to travel to China since the last time I was there everything were as usual. The same glitch happened. Hmm... I thought.

Just so check I started a new game in Twinbrook and just picked a random family which I sent to Egypt. Everything was normal.

So I'm pretty sure that the PROBLEM on MY pc was that I had moved my family from one world to an other (and I was going to do so to Apoloosa Plains as well).

Now I have to delete my family I was making them perfect for pets!

But I don't know about you then :/

[/URL]
SumoB

Lady_Hellsing wrote:So this happened to me(Don't worry its not one of those... I actually have a solution.) This was actually the second time I've dealt with this...the first time was with China and I didn't mind too much because I wasn't really attached to the Sim I sent over...but the second time which was with France I adored the little sim I sent over(he was an investigator and looked so cute in his little hat. Not to mention I spent some time building up his profession.) But anyway, I tried whatever I could to get him back and what I ended up doing was going to options and editing the town. When you do this make sure you save. I picked a new household with the intent of returning home to see if my little man had done the same, it doesn't matter who you choose, but I aimed for a single household so no one would be missed. What ended up happening was when I returned home I returned right back to where my Sim had originally left off, meaning right before he made the phone call to travel. What sucks is that they keep the money you spent traveling(All those cases we solved >.< ) but at least you get your Sim back with the all the wishes you promised them and everything. Well at least this worked for me, I hope works for everyone else too.

Well I did the same things actually, and it worked. But wtf!!! I bought WA here, spent a lot of money, and now I can even travel?? So I'm not happy at all and I don't want to play sims anymore before pets comes out

[/URL]
Maximilian1996

I have the same bug sometimes... :-?

smjjames

I've only had that happen once on the return trip from Egypt (which also happened after a major tomb slog, bleh), however I've travelled many, many times without issues.

Saving before you embark on an adventure or vacation is a good idea, which I try to do every time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/17/11 08:03 PM

AyishaDaisy

So i found a work-around that worked for me (and I know I read it somewhere but cannot for the life of me remember where so props to whoever wrote what I read if they ever read this ) - this had happened to me three times in the form detailed in the OP - arriving at destination with no sim in sight...luckily the first time it happened I had saved before travelling (and I didn't even know about this issue) so I was able to quit without saving and retrieve my game. What worked for me is just changing the active household in the home neighbourhood, then changing back. What I did:

1) Saved my game;
2) Edit town & change active household;
3) Selected a random household;
4) Saved game in new active household using "save as" function and a different name just in case;
5) Edit town & change active household again;
6) Reselected original household;
7) Saved again;
Call to travel

Of course it takes ages to load between destinations and just as long to save once I returned home again but at least I managed to catch enough frogs to stock my pond, bought all the French recipes, harvested some grape varieties and stocked up on some nectar-making equipment

I also keep a copy of my saved games folder (My Documents - Electronic Arts - Sims 3 - Saves) on my desktop renamed and replaced periodically just in case and highly recommend doing so !

Anyway good luck and I hope this works for some of you !
TheGreenLion

NRaas wrote:
Simgurl20 wrote:I don't want to move them into a different town just to travel. I shouldn't have to. I really hope this gets fixed, but I know that it never will.

It may not be fixed by EA, but one could always use a mod to correct the issue.

If you are amiable to such things, I would suggest looking up NRaas Industries, and read up on The Traveler mod.

Cheers.

Leave it to the modders to correct mistakes.
Trust in the Twallan...his mods have never let me down.

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: