Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Just to set the record straight...  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Heartfang

katana_x wrote:Neither option really bothers me, but I can definitely see why it would bother some people. But I digress, because it seems that I'm not expressing myself very well. I keep repeating the same thing in different ways and only one person has understood what I'm trying to say.

Not true. I understand what you've been getting at.

taffy87

Katana, I understand what you are saying. And honestly, I think a lot of people don't actually read through an entire thread before commenting. A lot more people would have a much better understanding of what they were responding to if they actually read it.

And for me, the clothing is really not "sexy". That is not my issue with it. Sexy and trashy are nowhere near the same thing. Although I've actually said that, upon closer inspection most (not all) of it is really just tacky to me. But it's all semantics, and everyone has different, personal opinions of what those words mean.
slynnski

Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.

katana_x wrote:
catloverplayer wrote:Master Suites has far more sexy clothing then this sp does. The only sexy clothing I see in this sp is the cupcake bra and the dress with the pepperment candy stripes and bow.

But I digress, because it seems that I'm not expressing myself very well. I keep repeating the same thing in different ways and only one person has understood what I'm trying to say.

No, you're expressing yourself very clearly. I just think most of the people who aren't understanding either A. aren't reading your posts very thoroughly/using comprehension skills or B. are too daft to understand the concept of what you're saying.

Sorry if I offended anyone with that. *bows out of thread*

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/28/12 01:29 AM

katana_x

Phew, it's nice to know I wasn't being completely incomprehensible.

taffy87, I agree that it's often an issue of semantics. Other words I would use for some of this content would be garish, gaudy and gimmicky (and that's just the G's!) but a lot of people will look at the same items and consider them cute, fun and whimsical. To each their own!

Sorry about the triple-post, by the way. Just noticed that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/28/12 01:32 AM

happyjme

I totaly understand where you're getting at Katana. I think slynnski had it right on the mark about some of these outfits being like some sexy halloween costumes. Bad, tacky, overtly sexualized costumes.
Some look like they should be worn by children. Other's look like they should be worn by a cartoon character or a clown.
It's sad, but in todays society a lot of people between the ages of 16 and 25 will dress in a costume like the "sexy girlscout" or "sexy Peppermint Patty" and not think twice about what the deeper meaning of their costume represents.

Gotta love Nraas Story Progression!
heidi11576

I just went and looked at the screenshots of the outfits again to see if I was missing something that was making you all so upset..I really dont see why you are so outraged ...

you all have a right to your opinion ..sorry you dont like the new pack..I know how you feel..I hated WA, Fast Lane, Town Life and Outdoor Living, and Lunar Lakes so can relate ..talk about packs of junk!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/28/12 12:26 PM

slynnski

heidi11576 wrote:I just went and looked at the screenshots of the outfits again to see if I was missing something that was making you all so upset..I really dont see why you are so outraged ...

you all have a right to your opinion ..sorry you dont like the new pack..I know how you feel..I hated WA, Fast Lane, Town Life and Outdoor Living, and Lunar Lakes so can relate ..talk about packs of junk!

We're not saying we don't like the new pack (well, some of us might be, but I'm not) -- I actually really like the pack. We're saying how over-sexualized childrens outfits made for adults can be offensive to some people...which you still don't seem to be understanding.

Participate in my contest!
heidi11576

slynnski wrote:We're saying how over-sexualized childrens outfits made for adults can be offensive to some people...which you still don't seem to be understanding.

no I dont understand because I dont see them as children's outfits at all

slynnski

heidi11576 wrote:
slynnski wrote:We're saying how over-sexualized childrens outfits made for adults can be offensive to some people...which you still don't seem to be understanding.

...so you're saying children don't wear girl scout outfits?

GaMomo

slynnski wrote:
heidi11576 wrote:

Just getting ready to ask this myself.

Fordee09

How can any of you say clothing in the Sims is sexy in the first place!
It's a simulated, pixalated game...I find nothing sexy about it, I don't find the Sims sexy ,the clothes sexy...nothing
Sure Sims are pretty and the clothes too...but I would never look at them as sexually attractive.
I have to say though the cupcake bra is probaly the most...provactive thing out of KPST and Master Suite did have more showy things, but hey the SP was about underwear and the clothing you wear when you're sleeping or...woohooing hehe

heidi11576

slynnski wrote:

I think that outfit is whatever you want it to be..you want it to be a girlscout outfit and thats fine
slynnski

Fordee09 wrote:How can any of you say clothing in the Sims is sexy in the first place!
It's a simulated, pixalated game...I find nothing sexy about it, I don't find the Sims sexy ,the clothes sexy...nothing
Sure Sims are pretty and the clothes too...but I would never look at them as sexually attractive.

I don't think any of us are sexually attracted to our sims. That would be just...weird. Something can be considered 'sexy' without one being sexually attracted to it.

Fordee09 wrote:I have to say though the cupcake bra is probaly the most...provactive thing out of KPST and Master Suite did have more showy things, but hey the SP was about underwear and the clothing you wear when you're sleeping or...woohooing hehe

And again, you're missing the entire point of katana's post.

rk800

Fordee09 wrote:How can any of you say clothing in the Sims is sexy in the first place!
I have to say though the cupcake bra is probaly the most...provactive thing out of KPST and Master Suite did have more showy things, but hey the SP was about underwear and the clothing you wear when you're sleeping or...woohooing hehe

Everything on the computer is pixelated, so when you feel yourself becoming attracted to that picture of Jessica Alba scantily clothed or Ryan Gosling shirtless (I don't know what you're into) , you are actually getting excited from, well... pixels.

Fordee09

rk800 wrote:

Everything on the computer is pixelated, so when you feel yourself becoming attracted to that picture of Jessica Alba scantily clothed or Ryan Gosling shirtless (I don't know what you're into) , you are actually getting excited from, well... pixels.

You have a good point there!

Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: