Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Townies walking about in cupcake bras?  XML
Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Ceres_Meiriona

This is the third day of play in Lunar Lakes and no cupcake bras. I think the other simmer is correct in that it is not enabled for randomization.

I have seen other outfits and tops, but not the cupcake bra.

stormwench

stormwench wrote:
lizbethbear wrote:
heidi11576 wrote:well I have yet to see any townies wearing cupcake tops but since mine show up in flippers and pirate hats on occasion i guess at some point it will happen

In a different thread it is stated by someone who went poking around the files, that the cupcake bra is not enabled for random. So we shouldn't see any townies wandering around in them unless we put them on them first.

Hrmmm. Interesting since there was a couple of posts about townies in cupcake bras already walking around town. I wonder if I have to get the danged thing to look into this. Ah, no but hopefully someone will test this out for those holding off buying it because they don't want cupcake bras growing feet and walking around town.

Thankfully I did not have to buy this to get the answer to this random setting. From 4 other, well known modders and as announced on several sites the clothing is set to random and is everyday wear so will eventually show up in your game, probably each one about as often as flippers.

What really scared me was a few pics of sims sitting down in the short dresses that, had the sims been wearing panties they would have easily been seen. Too much for me.

blazerntq

I had another premade townie wearing Sweet Treats last night.
jeanamariex3

stormwench wrote:Aside from the cupcake bra showing in town what about some of the rest that have gone up the scale in the trashy or sleaze factor and not what you may want walking up main street when you go shopping?

Some of those bra tops are worse then the cup cakes. Why the Popsicles are melting explained on the back of a t-Shirt and the Popsicles place suggestively. I know most will find it humorous but it is sort of the tone for KPST. And you know the bra's won't be in sleepwear since they have no sleepwear in KPST - they will be in everyday wear as you could see from the CAH showing off fashions they were all picked from everyday wear category. I thought we would be safe from the long dress as they would be put in formal wear but no, they were being selected from everyday wear.

SO townies will show up being dressed like that.

as they get random clothing from everyday wear category. Some of the hairstyles were cute but ruined with the hats and accessories stuck on the sims head. And I am still not happy about the mock girl scout/brownie uniform

The game is T for Teens. It's always been a bit suggestive, and what makes it worse than MSS? Personally, I have worn those short shorts, and still do, since I was a teen, because I like them. Mom never had a problem, because she knew I was wearing them because I liked them, and I was always pretty small anyways. (5'0" and a size so they made my legs look longer. "Popsicle's being placed suggestively? What is wrong with cute Popsicles? If I had a 14 year old daughter and that shirt was around in real life, and she was a KP fan, I would totally buy it for her! Because it's cute and has the song on it. The peppermint dresses are cute too. The girlscout uniform looks like a cute halloween costume. A more grown up version, with a cute pair of converse Chuck Taylors would be a fun costume for halloween. And it's tasteful, not inappropriate. There is nothing wrong with showing a little skin, as long as you keep it tasteful and balanced. I could totally see the ice cream top with my leopard short shorts I'm wearing right now.

Ceres_Meiriona

stormwench wrote:
stormwench wrote:
lizbethbear wrote:
heidi11576 wrote:well I have yet to see any townies wearing cupcake tops but since mine show up in flippers and pirate hats on occasion i guess at some point it will happen

In a different thread it is stated by someone who went poking around the files, that the cupcake bra is not enabled for random. So we shouldn't see any townies wandering around in them unless we put them on them first.

Hrmmm. Interesting since there was a couple of posts about townies in cupcake bras already walking around town. I wonder if I have to get the danged thing to look into this. Ah, no but hopefully someone will test this out for those holding off buying it because they don't want cupcake bras growing feet and walking around town.

Thankfully I did not have to buy this to get the answer to this random setting. From 4 other, well known modders and as announced on several sites the clothing is set to random and is everyday wear so will eventually show up in your game, probably each one about as often as flippers.

What really scared me was a few pics of sims sitting down in the short dresses that, had the sims been wearing panties they would have easily been seen. Too much for me.

That already happens. I have an abundance of short dresses and even shorter skirts in my game and all of it is EA content. This is nothing new for my game, unfortunately, and not specific to this pack only. There is a plethora of non candy coated clothing that is just as revealing, though admittedly not as innuendo in content.

If it is indeed set to random, though, then hopefully we'll have some actual cupcake bra pictures in this thread instead of only ones that other players have had to create! Can't wait for that bit of random townie fun!!! Though on day 4.. and still I have not seen one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/10/12 08:35 PM

piddlesim

I am on day 3 and so far no townies wearing anything KP. But I am looking.
KarinL

I've been adding venues to my town, which normally means a LOT of spawning of new NPCs to man registers, bouncer ropes, bars... None of them so far wore anything KP.
BlkBarbiegal

I don't think it would bother me seeing someone in a random KP fashions. Living in Los Angeles the first 25 years of life...well, I've seen some people wear weird clothes or whatever. lol

Cupckae bra is meh.

lizbethbear

eh cupcake bras, short skirts, inappropriate girl scout uniforms...I almost always redress everyone in my town anyway, because too revealing or not, the game makes everyone look like they got dressed in the dark. But I will probably blacklist some of these outfits...assuming blacklisting is as easy as someone said. But idk when someone says "as often as a flipper" I didnt buy that store set because I didn't want those ridiculous looking flippers in my game. So how often do flippers appear anyway?

wickichick

I've said this before, but it seems worth repeating..I think the sim series has always been kinda a smorgasbord of options...everyone has the ability to create the game exactly as you would like to fashion it..perhaps you choose to use mods and cc content..or you might stick to the vanillia game while others will only purchase store items...the basic game required to play the sims is the only thing each player will have in common..then it's anyones game.
Now that we've reached this point in this series things are going to go ballistic..and some players are stopping the game where it presently is..if you are worried about sims in cupcake tops wondering your town...then you might be one of those who stops here...kinda like being on a magical train ride.
Next stop: faries, warewolfs, witches, zombies, gypsies, elves and believe me, those of you who like realistic street fare may not be able to handle it. A trip downtown is going to be an adventure of it's own kind...You might have some really interesting neighbors as well.
Sims, who play in greenish tinted water and burp greenish gas, are not of our plantet earth...realism is only a tiny piece of this gameplay...those of you who go to the mall and smile as you see the girl with rainbow hair wearing orange skinnies with raspberry daisy dukes and neon green T-shirt and wearing tennies..one blue one and one red..will be fine...I love it myself...a fragmented piece of what makes my world amazing...people and how different they can be.
Believe me, if you see a sim wearing fins and a pirate hat and lets just throw in a cupcake top...wait till you see what gets off the train at the next stop.

typicalgemini

No cupcake bras on townies yet. But I do have one on my avatar and some other of my sims xD
blazerntq

My first cupcake bra on a townie last night.
emz281299

lizbethbear wrote:Yeah, its a huge issue for me too. It's one of the main reasons I am not planning to get this pack. I don't want my townies walking around in these ridiculous outfits. While I would love to make some whimsical community lots, I don't want my townspeople walking around wearing food. I'm a huge KP fan but yeah I don't want my sims dressing like her.

Couldn't agree more I know that if I bought this pack and saw a sim walking around in a cupcake bra and a weird katy skirt they would not be coming to my house!

jeanamariex3

No NPC's have any of those clothes, and I'm extremely disappointed.

MrHawk

For those that DON'T want this, all clothing in the pack is set to random so it'll eventually happen.

For those that use mods there's a Sweet Treats CAS one on my site (Be Less Stupid page) for those who want to turn it off.

I can't believe they didn't set them to NOT be random. Who makes these decisions?

Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: