Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Page Thread. Updated 6/12! Hidden posts purge made [Read first page before asking =)]  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
crinrict

I have a more technical questions about the badge achievements.

There's a file called challangeData.package in our folders and I think (can't really read that file) that's where our progress on the longer running challenges are stored.

Now, it makes me wonder what happens if I start a challenge with a certain Sim but never get to finish it before they die (or I delete my save games to start a new one), will it recognize it, if I do it with another one ?

Say the 30 Receipt one: One of my Sims learns many receipts but then he dies before completing. Now their daughter is trying the same and does succeed but the badge is never awarded. Could that be cause the file only has the first one registered and now you kind HAVE to do it with that Sim or is this another challenge that can't be done with a Genie ?

Amykara

I know this is the wrong place but please please please lock this thread:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/525743.page

"Negativity isn't the way to go, smile more, eat some chocolate" - Ed Sheeran
Msrednotdead

I think I have figured out some of the Badge Acheivements, all my recent badges I have been doing wiht 'occult' like Genie, vampire and Ghost and my badges are not registering (apart from the 'occult' specific ones. When I did hte easy ones with 'normal' sims I got the badge immediately, and it even shows on my broken mypage

crinrict

Yeah, I think a genie is not considered a Sim. It has to say genie in the description (or vampire or whatever).

SimGuruRusskii

kulpickles wrote:I see all that on "MY Blog," but it doesn't show up on "My Page." Others can't seem to see it either unless they go into "My Blog" also. Yet, I can see others most recent blogs on their pages. I appreciate your help in this.

I've also tried three different browsers. On "My Page" my blog from February is the one showing.

I see, so you are suggesting it becomes prominent that when you create a post it shows on the my page itself, right? Right now it won't as designed. But sure, I can to that in the suggestion list.

Let me check your user through to see why it would not show, I cannot reproduce what your experiencing, but might as well try another route.

Just make sure you clear browser cache.

Thanks

-Russkii

SimGuruRusskii

crinrict wrote:I have a more technical questions about the badge achievements.

There's a file called challangeData.package in our folders and I think (can't really read that file) that's where our progress on the longer running challenges are stored.

Now, it makes me wonder what happens if I start a challenge with a certain Sim but never get to finish it before they die (or I delete my save games to start a new one), will it recognize it, if I do it with another one ?

Say the 30 Receipt one: One of my Sims learns many receipts but then he dies before completing. Now their daughter is trying the same and does succeed but the badge is never awarded. Could that be cause the file only has the first one registered and now you kind HAVE to do it with that Sim or is this another challenge that can't be done with a Genie ?

I'm figuring these out myself with the game team. I can see if I can get answers to these.

I'm still trying to learn the tech behind it, hopefully I can make things clearer as part of this thread soon.

I will probably go back and forth with you on this =)

SimGuruRusskii

crinrict wrote:I have a more technical questions about the badge achievements.

I'm figuring these out myself with the game team. I can see if I can get answers to these.

I'm still trying to learn the tech behind it, hopefully I can make things clearer as part of this thread soon.

I will probably go back and forth with you on this =)

SimGuruRusskii

Amykara wrote:I know this is the wrong place but please please please lock this thread:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/525743.page

Gone, and before I got to it.
thanks

-Russkii

JaianaN

Hey I'm new and these are the main 3 things I need help with that maybe you could help me with.

1. How to use my own images from my own sims in my stories and movies.
2.How to put my movies and stories in forums.
3.How to create people in exchanges for other Simmers to download.

Thanks for your time!(:
-Jaiana

JaianaN (:
SimsManiac2k9

*Facepalm*

Okay, My first problem was the fact me and My friend couldn't move stuff around our wishlist.
Now, I cannot remove anything OFF my wishlist.

Also, My page is also doing the slow thing now.
Has there been no fix for the forums going down all the time?

Before anyone suggests.. Clear cache ect ect, I've done it a million times.
My giftbox is also still broken when I go to my UK settings. I can't see anything in there and nothing shows, I struggle to use the forums on the UK settings too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/07/12 09:50 AM

Chemicalwibs

I appreciate that you have started this thread and I realize that there are a lot of replies for you to go through. So I am gonna assume you just missed the replies from Darkling and me. In short:

- We were both wondering about why SimGuruHydra's post on updating the My Pages has been removed.

- I still have problems with my page loading extremely slowly and a Sim in my studio that I can't click on without getting the "Ooops" message.

Here are our original replies:

Chemicalwibs wrote:
Darkling wrote:This thread has been up for a while gathering feedback on the new Pages. I was just wondering if/when we can expect any actual changes to our Pages. The fact that SimGuruHydra's post that stated that EA was working on updates to our Pages has been taken down is very disheartening to me.

I am wondering about this as well.

Also, a little while ago it was stated that the issue with the My Pages loading slowly was fixed. Well, mine still takes up to a minute, sometimes more to load. Which is incredibly annoying to say the least.

One last thing I thought I would mention here as well, which has to do with one of the sims in my studio. It seems Liam has taken him hostage, because whenever I click on him I get the "Ooops! We are not able to process your request" message. It happens with 2 different browsers and it doesn't matter if I am logged in or not. Clearing cookies/caches doesn't help either. The sim in question is the male Sim called LokeV2.0 (page 1): http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Chemicalwibs&
assetType=sim
Can this be fixed? Thank you.

Thank you and Happy Easter

anettesb

New problem...

I loged of from the site when in game (as the option is) BUT then you can't use the items you have unlocked by simporting!!!

so to build using those items I need to be loged on! but when in build mod my game dislike to be conected to this site!

I would like to be able to use my items even if not online! like if I have no internet.

click siggy to take part in the contest
kulpickles

SimGuruRusskii wrote:
kulpickles wrote:I see all that on "MY Blog," but it doesn't show up on "My Page." Others can't seem to see it either unless they go into "My Blog" also. Yet, I can see others most recent blogs on their pages. I appreciate your help in this.

I've also tried three different browsers. On "My Page" my blog from February is the one showing.

I see, so you are suggesting it becomes prominent that when you create a post it shows on the my page itself, right? Right now it won't as designed. But sure, I can to that in the suggestion list.

Let me check your user through to see why it would not show, I cannot reproduce what your experiencing, but might as well try another route.

Thanks

-Russkii

Correct!!! I cannot seem to get my new blog to appear on My Page. I've also had issues where I've deleted (Hide) others' posts, but they keep reappearing if I move to a new page and then go back. I just started noticing this over the weekend. I feel like i am going bonkers!
kulpickles

kulpickles wrote:
SimGuruRusskii wrote:

Thanks

-Russkii

Correct!!! I cannot seem to get my new blog to appear on My Page. I've also had issues where I've deleted (Hide) others' posts, but they keep reappearing if I move to a new page and then go back. I just started noticing this over the weekend. I feel like i am going bonkers!

Update, I decided to clear my browser history again, but this time I checked off more things than just the recommended and still, My Blog is not showing. I had to pretty much check every box in the clear history section though. Should that be? I would think the recommended should be enough. I can make a post and it shows where My Blog has been showing, but is that what should be happening? Plus, every persons' comments/updates that I have deleted are back! EKES!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/12 02:59 PM

iJancy

Is it really necessary for us to see on our "My Page"- every time one of my friends sims created a memory, went shopping, caught a fish, received a badge etc.... This My Page is a complete mess of useless garbage, such unnecessary, ridiculous info being posted all day, everyday.
If I was really interested in seeing someone else's sims memory or what badge they got than I think I should go to their "My Page" to find that out, it shouldn't be posted on my "My Page". I find it a chore to have to remove them each manually and constantly.
The clutter I have with only 7 friends is to much as it is - I couldn't even imagine what it's like with other folks that have hundreds of friends!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/09/12 03:32 PM

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: