Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
BUILDERS' 101 - For Builders from Novice to Beyond  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
MerryWiddow

Welcome to page 632.

yanti68

Hey Merry,

I shared 2 builds today. One is a lakeside house called Castaway Cove and another is a starter called Falls Creek. Would love to get some feedback from you. Here is the link to the thread where the build details are posted:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/523962.page

MerryWiddow

Lovely Yanti. I've left a comment in your thread. Rec'd and downloaded both.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

PaubloPowers

Here's a house I built from this plan (here)

Obviously it's not EXACTLY alike.... but I think it's well enough for me

It's for my family of 6 (yikes, I know!!!)
SO it's not available for download, unless requested!

Here are some of the pictures of the interior

Living area:

Part of the master bath:

foyer:

here's the rest in a slideshow!
(here)

MerryWiddow

PaubloPowers wrote:Here's a house I built from this plan (here)

Obviously it's not EXACTLY alike.... but I think it's well enough for me

It's for my family of 6 (yikes, I know!!!)
SO it's not available for download, unless requested!

Here are some of the pictures of the interior

It looks like a lovely house. Easy to play. I have a couple of suggestions.

When doing a slideshow of the house, it's nice to include a view of the floor plan of each floor in your slideshow. You have taken the pictures well. They really show off the house.

Your roof is showing valleys. If you want your roof to look realistic, you need to avoid these. I've circled them in the pic below. Draw the roof right into the main roof.

I noticed in pic 5 that you haven't recoloured the sides of your floor tiles. The is very easy to do and adds to the esthetic of the styling. I did notice throughout that there was a lack of curtains in some rooms. I loved the nursery in pic 65, however, I think the curtains are too short. I noticed the wood grain was going in the wrong direction on the shelving in pic 60. I'm going to give you a link to my checklist. This is helpful to make sure you haven't forgotten anything.

A Builder's Checklist

I enjoyed seeing your house. You might enjoy TS3 Creators' Consortium. Have a look around. The link above leads to the site.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

PaubloPowers

The floor plan is the houseplan except for the backyard

That roof gave my so much trouble... I had to opt to make a 2nd floor deck behind the purple teen's room... grrr

I just downloaded a modified version of EA's curtains that fit the veranda windows, so I'll replace all those curtains....

The sides of my floor tiles... I tried colouring it with wall paint... didn't work.... How does it work?

MerryWiddow

PaubloPowers wrote:The floor plan is the houseplan except for the backyard

That roof gave my so much trouble... I had to opt to make a 2nd floor deck behind the purple teen's room... grrr

I just downloaded a modified version of EA's curtains that fit the veranda windows, so I'll replace all those curtains....

The sides of my floor tiles... I tried colouring it with wall paint... didn't work.... How does it work?

I works like any other, just sometimes it doesn't take the colour well. If you want a med colour you have to move the slider up darker until you get the colour you want. It's fussy and takes some patience. It recolour white wonderfully. I usually drag the colour from another source that has the colour I want. Then adjust until it looks the same.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

PaubloPowers

I still can't colour that area of the floor below the fence in the foyer...

PaubloPowers

New house from a plan I found online... I didn't furnish it because I don't fancy excessively modern furniture, and this house calls for it. What'd be really cool, is if someone else furnishes it and shares their work.

This house is a shell, and there's no CC

Also, I really hate how the sims compresses my screenshots... and I end up with this poor quality... anyone with advise?

!!!!My studio finally uploads my houses!!!!!!
here's the link
<<Click me!>

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/07/12 10:07 AM

MerryWiddow

PaubloPowers wrote:I still can't colour that area of the floor below the fence in the foyer...

If you have registered all of your games on your page, I understand why you can't. The ability to recolour the sides of floor tiles came with a later expansion pack. I can't remember which one.

PaubloPowers wrote:New house from a plan I found online... I didn't furnish it because I don't fancy excessively modern furniture, and this house calls for it. What'd be really cool, is if someone else furnishes it and shares their work.

This house is a shell, and there's no CC

Also, I really hate how the sims compresses my screenshots... and I end up with this poor quality... anyone with advise?

!!!!My studio finally uploads my houses!!!!!!
here's the link
<<Click me!
>

There are a couple of CC patterns, but they can be removed easily with Delphy's Custard tool. I suggest that you could furnish this in a contemporary style. This style does not require modern furniture. Follow the link below to a definition of this style.

This forum automatically re-sizes uploaded picture to prevent the page from breaking. You could try editing them yourself to get better quality in the size under 650 pixels wide before you upload. You can also go to a photo sharing web site and upload your pictures there. When someone follows the link to such a website to see your picture, they can see them in their original size.

I'm so glad you were finally able to upload to the exchange. I've left you a rec and downloaded.

May I make a suggestion. This house would be a perfect challenge. You could create a challenge asking participants to decorate it. Set up guidelines, such has can they change the interior walls and window and door placements. We would love to see this type of challenge on TS3 Creators' Consortium II. You only need to run the rules by the Administrators, I am one of them, before posting. We also have a section where you can showcase your builds. The picture minimum there is 800 pixels wide.

Links.
Delphy's Custard tool
Contemporary Style Defined
TS3 Creators' Consortium II

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

PaubloPowers

Registering on the studio?
Or registering with all the numbers you have to enter before you install.

I actually started to furnish it very contemporary.... But I got tired out.

http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/epl/hwepl75587.html?from=sear
ch

Thats the house plan.

What steps would I take to start this challange?

PaubloPowers

New build

The furnished version is available in a slide show, click here to veiw it.

To download either furnished or cc free shell, here's a link to my thread to the download links [here]

MerryWiddow

PaubloPowers wrote:Registering on the studio?
Or registering with all the numbers you have to enter before you install.

I actually started to furnish it very contemporary.... But I got tired out.

http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/epl/hwepl75587.html?from=sear
ch

Thats the house plan.

What steps would I take to start this challange?

Registering with all the numbers you have to enter before you install. Go to your 'My Page' at TS3, on the left under 'My Games', click 'Register a Game'. When the next page loads, enter in the serial number. When you register your games it will show what games you have your 'My Page'.

To start the challenge, go to TS3 Creator's Consortium II and register. Use the same user name you have here. Send me a PM with your questions and I'll be able to answer them via PM as well.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

MerryWiddow

PaubloPowers wrote:New build

The furnished version is available in a slide show, click here to veiw it.

To download either furnished or cc free shell, here's a link to my thread to the download links [here]

I left a comment on your showcase thread. Lovely interiors.

I would like to point out, not just to you, but to everyone who posts on this thread. This is not just a showcase thread. I am here to help through the process of build so things can be changed before you upload.

I say this because your roof and part of your floor plan needs work. When you are creating a roof in Sims 3, to make it look more realistic, it is necessary to keep in mind water shed. You have a valley between the main roof on the right and the additional roof on the left as shown in the photo below. This is where water would accumulate in RL and cause rot.

On your floor plan, areas like this can cause jams if you have more than one Sim in the house. You will have a lot of stamping feet. It is best to keep hallways to at least 2 Sim tiles to prevent this.

I would love to see your work in the process of being built so that the final product that you share is the best it can be.

When you join TS3CC II, you can start a WIP/Showcase thread in the building section and get feedback, not just from me, but from all of the active members of the board. Hope to see you there.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

MerryWiddow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link to next page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/12 03:31 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: