Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
SimGuru_BGY_11

Hi, simmers!

If you are experiencing a cyclic redundancy check error, we'd like you to do the following so we can keep the number of threads on that issue to a minimum:

*Run the Windows Defragmenter software on your system. Fragmented hard disk space can cause this error.

*CRC errors may also be caused by a hard disk or DVD drive failing or being unable to write consistent data.

If you have run the Defragmenter software and are continuing to experience this error, please contact your system's manufacturer for further diagnostics.

Update:
It appears that in some cases, users that are using the EA download Manager version of The Sims 3 may experience this error if their download is paused. To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:

*Click on the red x in the upper right part of the Sims 3 download to clear the EADM cache.
*Re-download The Sims 3; do not pause the download.

Update 2 (6/4/09):
There is a new FAQ addressing this issue:
https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_
adp.php?p_faqid=22234

We understand that this has become a very frustrating issue for many simmers that are eager to play the game, and as more information or solutions become available, we will post them here in the Support forum. Thank you all for your patience!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 08/14/09 10:05 PM

Jessica31

Hi- So this CRC error does not mean that I have an inadequate system for this game?
SimGuru_BGY_11

Systems that are below the minimum requirements do not typically cause CRC errors. However, the behavior of the game can be unpredictable at best when run on a system that is below requirements.

-Big Guy-

saveoursouls2008

Jessica31 wrote:Hi- So this CRC error does not mean that I have an inadequate system for this game?

Not if so many people are having the same issue.
IRKAYLA

Do we post our DxDiag repots here?
saveoursouls2008

Hey Big Guy. My game works now! All I did was remove EA Content Manager. Clean install, no errors. Also had to remove it from my C drive Program files. Might wanna mention this a little more clearly.

“Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."
ROWKEM

saveoursouls2008 wrote:Hey Big Guy. My game works now! All I did was remove EA Content Manager. Clean install, no errors. Also had to remove it from my C drive Program files. Might wanna mention this a little more clearly.

Wish it was this easy for everyone. I've never had the EADM and I keep getting this error within the first 10% of installation. Defragged and still nothing.
Targ999

saveoursouls2008 wrote:
Jessica31 wrote:Hi- So this CRC error does not mean that I have an inadequate system for this game?

Not if so many people are having the same issue.

CRC errors are generally associated with a read error from the source as it is trying to be read. I suspect that people with older DVD drives MAY have problems reading certain DVD discs, and that is what the problem is.
BevTweety

I'm of course am having the same problem...however i don't know what u mean by log into EADM...i never paused the installation when mine started doing this i did the 1st. time try to retry it and nothing happened so i tried ignore and still nothing..it is fustrating when u don't know that much about computers and understand what someone maybe saying....could u plsz explain clearer what u mean? thank u
Katora

I have this issue, too. Running defrag now, hope that fixes it... I've been waiting long enough to play as it is, lol. *sigh*
NoDakGypsy

I ran the install and also got the error message. I defraged my computer for the 2nd time in a week and once again tried to install.
No luck.
I just love spending $50+ of my hard earned money on a product that isn't up to par. Job well done!
ROWKEM

Nice job moderators. "Lets post replies to one of the thousand issues and then go offline..."

Way to make your customers happy, EA. I'm really just wanting my money back for this and I'll get the game in 3 months when they've worked out the **** bugs.
laughingurl43

I ran the defrag. Still hasn't helped. My install won't move from the screen C:/.../Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Caches/Sunset Valley.objectCache
xxemylizzlexx

I did the defrag.. but I still can't install it. I'm still having the same exact problem. Any other ways I can fix this?
Katora

laughingurl43 wrote:I ran the defrag. Still hasn't helped. My install won't move from the screen C:/.../Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Caches/Sunset Valley.objectCache

ditto this. defrag = no help. stuck on same part, then the error comes up over and over to no avail. $70 on a game, pre-ordered... cant play it. :/

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: